Just now, Renerabbitt said:

That was about the most ADD-riddled Video I've ever made, HAHA!

...thanks Graham I appreciate it.

After reviewing the vid I'm considering deleting it;  I used SO many incorrect terms!!

It will stay for now until I can put some short ones together as you suggested.

Thanks for your sense of humor.

By the way, you are really putting in a lot of time and effort towards this. Hope you have some kind of deal with CA for some official recognition or compensation.

Would be great if CA put up a new Bonus catalog, "Rene Models & Textures" and consolidated all of this.

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2019 at 10:16 AM, TheKitchenAbode said:

Thanks for your sense of humor.

By the way, you are really putting in a lot of time and effort towards this. Hope you have some kind of deal with CA for some official recognition or compensation.

Would be great if CA put up a new Bonus catalog, "Rene Models & Textures" and consolidated all of this.

I still feel like I don't know how to use this software at all, isn't that funny after 20 years of using it. Always laughing at the funny/dumb stuff that happens in CA daily...when I'm driving :)

I had a way of thinking that I used to inject into my construction crews back when I had them- in summation, if I share my resources, the act of sharing will teach me new things, and the new perspective from the person learning may bring an improvement to the method.

It's embarrassing to put a vid out and then have someone tell you their is a faster method...but the embarrassment, so far, has been worth it. Like "oh wait, there's a button in CA that would save me 4 hours and it's been there for 5 years! ARGH!!!!!!"

17 minutes ago, rispgiu said:

Rene I just watched your video, very informative and thank you so very much for sharing. 

About the ambient occlusion and roughness maps, did you create those? Is there a website I might be able to get them from? 

thank you for your help 

I make most maps in PS CC from modifying images I find from google image searches. I could teach my methods if I had interested people familiar with photoshop.

Alternatively I will make requested files, time permitting, if you have a particular texture you are looking for?

Occasionally I modify CA files but they are really lightweight- low resolution, which I don't use very often

• Like 2

Rene,

Wow, This is something else. I have been using Chief for a long time and I wish I had half the command of the program as you. Partly because I am not pushed I guess. In my area the requirements for a permit are no where what they are in other parts of the country. Particularly Cali. Most of my clients just want enough to gat a building permit. I did connect with two local builders last year on a three high end plans that helped my income a good bit. Just want to say again how much your work and sharing is appreciated.

Have a great week,Ken

9 minutes ago, rispgiu said:

I do use photoshop. SO you have at least one person interested in your videos :) 

How about collecting a few textures you would like so I have some content to work with

8 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

Wow, This is something else

I always appreciate your mentions and feedback Ken, you've responded to nearly all of my symbol posts in past, thank you.

Rene how would you prefer I share the files with you? Also in what format would you prefer them?

In your video I noticed you had several levels of ambient occlusion,I believe I heard you say those are gradients, did you make those in Photoshop? and if so what criteria did you use? 

1 hour ago, rispgiu said:

Rene how would you prefer I share the files with you? Also in what format would you prefer them?

In your video I noticed you had several levels of ambient occlusion,I believe I heard you say those are gradients, did you make those in Photoshop? and if so what criteria did you use? 

The term gradients was used incorrectly in the video. Just different shades of grey. Yes made in photoshop with the paint bucket tool.. simple solid colors. I used a Gradient from black to white as my ambient occlusion map for gyp. bd walls less than 10' tall- that is included in the kitchen material starter pack.

You can post an image file here, else if for some reason your files are too large you can share with onedrive/backup and sync/dropbox etc.

14 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

The term gradients was used incorrectly in the video. Just different shades of grey. Yes made in photoshop with the paint bucket tool.. simple solid colors. I used a Gradient from black to white as my ambient occlusion map for gyp. bd walls less than 10' tall- that is included in the kitchen material starter pack.

You can post an image file here, else if for some reason your files are too large you can share with onedrive/backup and sync/dropbox etc.

Here is a couple of texture I'd like to develop. If you wouldn't mind explaining the way you do it and concept behind it, or refer me to some videos, I would greatly appreciated 

Autumn_leaves.png

POST 21

THE COOLEST CHIEF ARCHITECT VIDEO EVER CREATED!!!

CLOUD SYNC MULTIPLE USER LIBRARIES INTO THE CHIEF ARCHITECT USER CATALOG FOR MULTIPLE END USERS/DEVICES...HEAD EXPLOSION!!! :blink::o:rolleyes::D

WEBSITE FOR THE REFERENCED SHELL EXTENSION: HERE

DONATE TO THE BRILLIANT PERSON THAT WROTE THAT FREE SCRIPT: HERMANN SCHINAGL'S PAYPAL ----------->btn_donate_LG.gif 

DIRECT 64 BIT OS DOWNLOAD: HardLinkShellExt_X64.exe

DIRECT 32 BIT OS DOWNLOAD: HardLinkShellExt_win32.exe

ENJOY THIS +1000!!!....I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

CLICK ME TO GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST!!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rispgiu said:

Here is a couple of texture I'd like to develop

May get to this next week as I have a packed schedule day and night until tuesday...looks good. What is the second texture supposed to be applied to, need some context. will it be applied to something massive so it needs to be tiled, or will it be applied to something small so it can be stretched?

1 hour ago, zowie123 said:

Wow, nice work!  Thank you, You have a great sense of design.  Hire Mr. Rabbit Chief.  

Appreciate it Zowie, great compliment...thank you, love that!

1 hour ago, zowie123 said:

They seem have something against Aristotelian logic and boolean.

POST 22

A VIDEO SPECIFICALLY FOR BARRY WITH A SURPRISE TIP TOWARD THE END:

DISCLAIMER: CHIEF ARCHITECT WOULD PROBABLY DISCOURAGE YOU FROM MESSING WITH YOUR JSON FILES AS YOU MAY CREATE PROBLEMS IN THE PROGRAM. PLEASE BACKUP ALL OF YOUR USER DATA AND PERSONAL DATA ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROGRAM!!

CLICK ME TO GO BACK TO THE INDEX!!!

5 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

POST 21

THE COOLEST CHIEF ARCHITECT VIDEO EVER CREATED!!!

CLOUD SYNC MULTIPLE USER LIBRARIES INTO THE CHIEF ARCHITECT USER CATALOG FOR MULTIPLE END USERS/DEVICES...HEAD EXPLOSION!!! :blink::o:rolleyes::D

WEBSITE FOR THE REFERENCED SHELL EXTENSION: HERE

DONATE TO THE BRILLIANT PERSON THAT WROTE THAT FREE SCRIPT: HERMANN SCHINAGL'S PAYPAL ----------->btn_donate_LG.gif 

DIRECT 64 BIT OS DOWNLOAD: HardLinkShellExt_X64.exe

DIRECT 32 BIT OS DOWNLOAD: HardLinkShellExt_win32.exe

ENJOY THIS +1000!!!....I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

CLICK ME TO GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST!!

Any solutions for Mac users ?

13 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Now you just burst his bubble ....shhhhhh  he was so happy today too :)

so true!

13 hours ago, rispgiu said:

Hahaha, not my intention at all. Rene is providing some great info and I am truly excited about it :)

try this out- https://www.howtogeek.com/297721/how-to-create-and-use-symbolic-links-aka-symlinks-on-a-mac/

• Upvote 1

• Renerabbitt changed the title to FREE SYMBOLS AND CATALOGS