X11 NEW FEATURES UP ON WEB SITE

HumbleChief

2 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Joe I'm turning blue and might die..  Any changes to your current macros with X11 ?

None that you are using - at least not at this point.

I did find a problem with my X10 Wall Legend macro which I've re-written for X11.  The X10 macro basically locked Chief requiring an "End Task".  

If you see this type of behavior anyplace let me know.

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Easy peasy.  For starters it gives the capability of creating a room schedule using callout labels in both plan and schedule. 

Yep,

In fact it's now possible to have a macro that creates a vertical schedule for an individual room.  ie: one column and multiple rows.

This is something I asked for several years ago.  CA still hasn't provided that directly but with this new functionality we can essentially do it ourselves.  The key is that we now have access to all the room attributes in user macros vs the limited set CA provided in the object macros.

5 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

1.  Place a RTB outside of the exterior wall and add a leader line to a room.

2.  Insert a user macro in the RTB that references a room attribute such as:

room.schedule_number

I don't get any result.  When I put the RTB inside the room it works.

Gotcha. You can’t actually reference the room because it’s not an object. You would have to reference an object in the room.  

6 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Just an aside here… Is it possible that your error handling is written in such a way that the referenced context is never initiated...i.e.  it’s not an error, it just results in a blank owner.room?

No, but I have determined that you are correct that the leader needs to connect to an object rather than the room.  Even a very small solid will work but a fixture, cabinet or piece of furniture would be easier.  Material Regions don't work.  

IMO, connecting to the room should work 

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

No, but I have determined that you are correct that the leader needs to connect to an object rather than the room.  Even a very small solid will work but a fixture, cabinet or piece of furniture would be easier.

Cool.  So you're good then right?  I'm going to go ahead and skip posting an example if you have it figured out.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:24 AM, Archnot-Boltz said:

but:

Stair Design and Detailing -

1) Does Chief now show Framing for Deck Stairs? NOPE!  but the new Landing Feature and Pony Rails are Nice-funny that they draw a non-code compliant winder in the video but certainly shows its potential.

2) Can I Design and Determine Accurate Placing of Deck Railings? NOPE!

Roof Framing

1) If I Raise a Roof Plane after having Manually Adjusted the Framing Members to my determined Layout, Is there a "Rebuild Framing for Individual Roof Planes Without Changing Layout" Tool/Button that will Keep the Layout while Changing Only the a) Vertical Orientation of the Rafters or Trusses?- NOPE!

My list of questions will change/increase after I download and start using the Beta. Perhaps Antoine will do the same or similar as I noted that none of the x11 changes (according to him) related to any of his requests or suggestions. Until then, I will be mute on the subject and focus on understanding and using the new features.

Lots of stuff for the macro and schedule guys (guess I'll have to invest some time there), I like the Wall Key Tool (at a glance), I like the Line Types Edit Tool (at a glance), The Plan Reference Tool looks promising. Rope Lighting is cool. Barn doors, stacked sliders and folding doors are an excellent add and especially the blank door with no hinges or hardwar for front door sidelights. Lots of intense programming for all the new features, thanks Chief.

Now we can restart our list for x12 to fix the small stuff that means the most for Con Docs and Correct Modeling, Dimensions, Stairs, Framing yadda... but will focus on things I need to learn for now. 

On 2/13/2019 at 9:24 AM, Archnot-Boltz said:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

Now we can restart our list for x12 to fix the small stuff that means the most for Con Docs and Correct Modeling, Dimensions, Stairs, Framing yadda... but will focus on things I need to learn for now. 

What are you looking for in construction docs? I mean, specifically? Out of curiosity 

On 2/15/2019 at 5:50 PM, builtright3 said:

What are you looking for in construction docs? I mean, specifically? Out of curiosity 

Better and more accurate modeling, a CAD Detail from View Tool that is actually a CAD Detail From View, not the entire Model. Ability to Model and Frame my Deck Stairs, Railings etc. instead of Faking all that with CAD. etc. BB

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, CAcygrymus said:

My rent to own with SSA is current up through march, should I not be able to see the early update option in my digital locker?

edit: Bummer, beta unavailable unless SSA is paid through end of march.

I don't understand that. I thought the Beta had an expiration date when the final version comes online? BB

56 minutes ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

I don't understand that. I thought the Beta had an expiration date when the final version comes online? BB

Here's what I was told in chat:

It looks like your payment just went through today and in order to have access to the beta you would need active SSA through the end of march. If you call our Sales Department we can charge your card for the month of march now giving you access to the beta

Which makes me wonder how anyone at all has SSA through the end of march. Isn't SSA month to month for everyone?

On 2/13/2019 at 10:04 AM, RL-inc said:

Really like many of the new features- barns doors-glass walls and shower doors - etc....

One productivity item I did not see was my suggestion to have temp dimensions locate dimension strings for quick offset adjustment from objects and each other.

I had posted it in the suggestions forum and it has quite a backing- surprised it didn't take hold.

Oh well- maybe X12

Auto dimensions can be set to auto-update....so with a custom layer set that sets the auto-dimension lines to light grey and set your selection line in color preferences to a neon color- works pretty well for takeoffs

3 hours ago, CAcygrymus said:

Here's what I was told in chat:

Which makes me wonder how anyone at all has SSA through the end of march. Isn't SSA month to month for everyone?

Rent to Own pay monthly all other users pay yearly  for SSA as far as I know . What I was told in the Past was that early access was a Bonus and not a right for all Users, it is why I Pro-rated my SSA this year to push it to August as I kept missing out or having to pay early etc to make sure I was valid come march 30th which is usually the date the Beta Expires.

M.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:38 AM, Alaskan_Son said:

I'm just thankful that we can finally do away with using the actual room label.  The new room attributes give us full-on Rich text room label capabilities.  Super duper awesome supreme. 

Micheal, I don’t understand your elation with doing away with room label?

what was wrong with it? 

Can you share with us what you do now and why it’s better? 

Sounds like I’m missing the boat or late to the party.

3 hours ago, dskogg said:

Micheal, I don’t understand your elation with doing away with room label?

what was wrong with it? 

Can you share with us what you do now and why it’s better? 

Sounds like I’m missing the boat or late to the party. 

Up till now, many of our custom macro solutions required using the default room label and/or the room name field in order to access room attributes.  This made various formatting exceedingly cumbersome and often required some super convoluted processes to achieve what we wanted.  It is now very easy to access room attributes for all sorts of purposes. 

Here are just a couple simple examples that I've had people request many times...The ability to display ceiling height in feet and inches in a Rich Text room label and the ability to assign custom schedule numbers and use callouts for those schedule numbers independent of the room label.  The only thing in this screenshot that requires anything more than copying the text box or callout to another room is getting the vaulted ceilng height to report correctly.  That one requires a special extra step...

1360948023_CeilingHt..thumb.jpg.6c3e5cdc688fd99301e46879ea2808e5.jpg

11 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Up till now, many of our custom macro solutions required using the default room label and/or the room name field in order to access room attributes.  This made various formatting exceedingly cumbersome and often required some super convoluted processes to achieve what we wanted.  It is now very easy to access room attributes for all sorts of purposes. 

Will this allow creating a macro to show the required s.f. area for daylight openings (8% of room area) and natural vent (4%)