Always cat chasing the tail...

rockyshepheard

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

I just reopened the Ashley Close plan the OP posted, and the snaps are not turned off.  Here is a screenshot of his preference settings.

Seems to me it would take some mouseclick gymnastics to draw roof planes as he did with baselines not orthagonal, or not snapped to his walls.

Mr Shepheard, I'm sorry I offended you with my earlier post.  Is your dyslexia such that you can only read forum posts, but not watch training videos?

2019-02-13_1731.png

I can read forum posts and watch lots of videos just fine. Ocassionally I turn off snaps when I need a finer gradient of moving objects. The whole baseline thing is NOT because I think baselines at angles are cool...I just didn't notice they got shifted because I am not the greatest as setting my plan view up so baseline stand out against all the other lines. 

25 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

I just didn't notice they got shifted because I am not the greatest as setting my plan view up so baseline stand out against all the other lines. 

Did you look at your Plan I altered in your other Thread from yesterday ?  or see my suggest about locking Baselines ?

21 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

I will stop posting questions on this forum as I can never know if my question is too remedial for everyone's taste. Going to try Chrisb22's method from now on.

You don't have to stop posting , most people just expect other Users to do their due diligence is all, especially when it comes to the basics.....not that Manual Roofs are basic, but make full use of the F1 key, and when not doing "work" for the Arch. try and slowly make your way through the Tutorial Guide (the basics) if you can. It's mostly just practice, which you lack at this point, give it 3-5 years and you'll be the one with all the answers here for other new Users instead :)

M.

I didn't mean to suggest that anyone stop posting questions, reading questions and answers is a great way for ME to learn so I appreciate the questions.

Heck, I posted a question just today, only to figure out my own answer within seconds after posting it. But that was after I exhausted every effort I could think of to figure it out before posting. Guess I should've tried one more time first... :P

For myself, personally, I just find it sticks better when I figure it out myself. 

As others have said, to each his own...

44 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

But if his snapping was all off, how did he draw all those walls orthagonally?

That's controlled by the snap grid, ( and allowable angles) not his Edit>Snap Defaults .....which I think you were referring to earlier.

I wish we had a toggle Icon for this to change it on the Fly more easily depending on what I am doing.

image.thumb.png.3e9220b2c5b956256bbbae682b088a84.png

M.

13 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

I didn't mean to suggest that anyone stop posting questions, reading questions and answers is a great way for ME to learn so I appreciate the questions.

Heck, I posted a question just today, only to figure out my own answer within seconds after posting it. But that was after I exhausted every effort I could think of to figure it out before posting. Guess I should've tried one more time first... :P

For myself, personally, I just find it sticks better when I figure it out myself. 

As others have said, to each his own...

Same for me , playing and practising with other Users plans forces me to pick stuff up and I retain it better.....reading a dry technical text book can be a bit hard , doing is better for me too :)

M.

12 minutes ago, glennw said:

Mick,

It is called Grid Snaps.

I have it on my toolbar and assigned to GS.

New Image_193.jpg

New Image_194.jpg

Hi Glenn , I do have the Icon to toggle it on off sorry , I meant I wish in Preferences we could set say 6 values, 1/8>1" for example and then by clicking the Icon it would toggle through them...ideally the Icon would show the setting eg 1/4"

M.

56 minutes ago, glennw said:

Rocky,

If you would like another Skype session to run through auto roofs on that project, let me know.

Why do it manually and go though all that when you could do it auto.

Thank you Glen. Yes. That would be great. Please let me know when you have some time.

13 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

I’m actually have trouble even following this thread. So many posts and sometimes I’m not sure wh is talking to whom? Did y’all catch that proper grammar? 

I apologise it seems that I have missed a response. 

Generally you quote someone to reply to them directly or use their name as you see Glen doing just above to us both......

No quote or name would generally just be a comment in general to all , but then some don't follow the Quote or use of name convention either, but quoting someone usually mean they get notified of your Post and you may get a response faster by doing so.

M.