X11 YouTube premier today

MikeD56

The preview looked great! I wonder if the custom landing tool also means we can do custom shaped stairs to cut around walls, ect.? The keynote feature looks amazing! Love the shower wall & door features toos! As well as the wall legend. I'm coming from Revit so I like that some of the "good" Revit features was included in Chief with x11. Overall I'm very excited to use x11!

X11 Good work Chief team! Many improvements to boost productivity.  Looking forward to migrating, really nice tool improvements!

Any hope for true boolean library search?  This would instantly 2x productivity.  Would having the library up on the cloud allow us to use google search in some way?  

Good work,

Barry

21 minutes ago, nVisionTEKBIM said:

The preview looked great! I wonder if the custom landing tool also means we can do custom shaped stairs to cut around walls, ect.? The keynote feature looks amazing! Love the shower wall & door features toos! As well as the wall legend. I'm coming from Revit so I like that some of the "good" Revit features was included in Chief with x11. Overall I'm very excited to use x11!

Quick answer.  Yup it can

24 minutes ago, nVisionTEKBIM said:

I wonder if the custom landing tool also means we can do custom shaped stairs to cut around walls, ect.?

Stairs and Landings are two different objects, we have always been able to "shape" landings, but can still not "notch" a staircase around a wall,that is full height 1/2 way up a staircase for example, but there are some nice enhancements to landings.

27 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

Maybe I'm just easy, but I am impressed. New Stair tools, new Door tools, Nano walls, Room schedules and Wall schedules, to much to list. When can we download the beta and start playing?

Should be in your Locker ......

From another thread....

so you generally want to log into your online account and click the free upgrade button on your existing X10 license to upgrade it to the new public beta and begin using that version. From that point forward it's business as usual, when we release the final product that will be sold to the rest of the world, you will see an update notification from Chief letting you know that you can download the update to update your existing version. 

5 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

Thanks Mick,

Will get it downloaded pronto. 

One other thing on the new landing tool will that not allow a landing to be created at a wall so that the upper and lower section can be made to correctly meet the wall?

Just FYi , it doesn't actually effect x10 , it does a side by side installation so you can use both for now.....at least it did for me, didn't ask to migrate anything, not sure if that is cos I had Beta2 until I uninstalled it 1st before installing the Public Beta.

I am not sure what you are asking about landings sorry...

Mick,

I understand how the beta loads without effecting the current version. What I was asking about on the landing tool is ,will it enable you two build a stair that runs into a wall and allow the offset  so the stair meets the wall as in the real world?

Thanks for the reply.Have a great week,Ken

13 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

Mick,

I understand how the beta loads without effecting the current version. What I was asking about on the landing tool is ,will it enable you two build a stair that runs into a wall and allow the offset  so the stair meets the wall as in the real world?

Thanks for the reply.Have a great week,Ken

If you mean like in the Picture below , I don't believe so , this is one I worked on in another thread last week.... it's two staircases , 1 tread overlapped

I'll have play with the new version though...

image.thumb.png.1c823150b3ebb763efcf1e98e7e5f76e.png

2 hours ago, NRST8TRKR said:

Thanks again Mick,

That is how I have been handling that situation also. Just had high hopes because that had been requested a lot.

Thanks,Ken

The New 1/2 Wall Option to follow stairs with a Pony wall works if you want a solid bottom part of the wall with a Cap and Rail above , but it doesn't help if you, if  want Open treads over the wall like above AFAICS.

image.thumb.png.c425655c4701dd1113fa054b75f2cbf3.png

Thanks Mick,

Just got the beta open and opened my Template plan. Not going to be able to bet into this as deep as I'd like tonight.

Having  to shuttle the better half between jobs tonight,Pouring rain here and she has trouble seeing to drive at night anyway the rain just kills it. I,ll play between trips. Had high hops for that feature. Lots of others though. The firewall and party wall will help a lot also.

Have fun,Ken

11 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

The New 1/2 Wall Option to floow stairs with a Pony wall works if you want a solid bottom part of the wall with a Cap and Rail above , but it doesn't help if you, if  want Open treads over the wall like above AFAICS.

image.thumb.png.c425655c4701dd1113fa054b75f2cbf3.png

Yea...no "open tread" fix yet.  This is unfortunate.  Must be more difficult than we think.  

Still...I'm happy that they achieved some stair improvement.