Clear Terrain

mrdavidares

I have been tracing over contour lines from an image that I downloaded from my county's website.  I created a terrain perimeter and then went so far as to 'Build Terrain'.  Being that I did not complete tracing all the contours and entering all of the elevation data, I did not expect desired results. So now, my 2D image has both traced and CA generated contour lines. I keep clicking on the 'Clear Terrain' icon but nothing happens.  I was expecting that when I click this icon that the CA generated contours would have disappeared, leaving only my traced contours, so that I may continue tracing.  Why does this not happen?  Am I missing something.  Thanks you all for your help.1192049984_ContoursQuestion.thumb.png.f031bcbc4faf8f9c028445e179229abb.png

45 minutes ago, mrdavidares said:

I have been tracing over contour lines from an image that I downloaded from my county's website.  I created a terrain perimeter and then went so far as to 'Build Terrain'.  Being that I did not complete tracing all the contours and entering all of the elevation data, I did not expect desired results. So now, my 2D image has both traced and CA generated contour lines. I keep clicking on the 'Clear Terrain' icon but nothing happens.  I was expecting that when I click this icon that the CA generated contours would have disappeared, leaving only my traced contours, so that I may continue tracing.  Why does this not happen?  Am I missing something.  Thanks you all for your help.1192049984_ContoursQuestion.thumb.png.f031bcbc4faf8f9c028445e179229abb.png

That's what happens here in a quick test plan , but you may need to delete the Terrain Perimeter too. NO keep reading

Worse Case scenario , see if the Auto backup File in the Archive Folder is from before you did the Terrain Perimeter.

Always a go idea to make a Save As Plan before a Major Step like that , just in case something goes Sideways. Definitely make one before deleting the Terrain Perimeter now...

6 minutes ago, mrdavidares said:

Thank you Mick. Experimenting, I found that the reason that I was not getting the desired effect was because I had the Perspective Camera Overview. Once I deleted that tab, the CA generated contours Cleared.  Thanks again

Interesting quirk :) hadn't noticed that one myself , don't delete the TP as I think it will take you Contour Splines With it.

You could Group select them , copy them , Delete the TP and Paste them back though I think if needed....

M.

8 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Just turn the primary (and maybe secondary) contour layers off.  No need to do any of the rest.  You could also optionally just change the color for those layers to something totally different (I like a light blue). 

Good point , the Auto ones will just keep changing as you draw in more of your own and with them off in Display Options you won't see it happening anyway.....