IMPORT PDF TROUBLE

builderbrown

I just brought a 17 page 15mb pdf into X10 and it took a while but eventually displayed it but then brought my system to a crawl.

Not sure how your computer spec's compare to mine but would advise that it could be quite slow even with the latest and greatest system.

8 hours ago, builderbrown said:

I imported a 12mb pdf to CA and I can't see it on the display.  I clicked on the all on set, and nothing.  Clicked full screen of drawing, nothing. Zoomed out, zoomed in, nothing. Where is it?

What was the purpose of importing the pdf?

12 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I would suggest Using your PDF Reader to make "Snapshots" of the require Info or page and then paste them into Chief instead, seems to work fairly well for me when needed in Plan or Layout.

M.

Exactly. That's what I do. I actually make tiff file though of the pdf to import into Chief. I never really ever import pdfs into chief if I don't have to.

Here is something from the help file that may be helpful ?

Some .pdf files can contain both 2D and 3D information; however, Chief Architect can only support 2D data in an imported .pdf file. When a 3D .pdf file is imported, it may display text, a static image of the 3D model, or it may not import at all.

Note: Importing large, or multiple, .pdf files into a plan or layout file can result in program slowness.

Long delay, but just signed back in...Your all's above info and advise regarding dealing with PDF's is excellent. Part of my problem was operating on a new laptop and not having the GPU and power settings correct to engage the AMD graphic card. I'll try to handle the PDF's more carefully.  The laptop is for mobile work.  It seems to handle CA pretty quick and smooth so far, but I haven't really put the weight of a big plan file on it yet. THANKS!

Samsung Pro 9,  940XSN 

i7-8550U CPU , 1.80 GHz

16.0 GB  RAM,

INTEL UHD GRAPHICS 620  AND AMD RADEON 540 GRAPHICS