Angle Iron Lintels

Doug_N

Any window opening in a masonry wall usually requires an angle iron lintel.  That seems to be a problem for CA.  Although there is a lintel option for windows, you have to do the lintel manually or create a profile for it.  The lintel doesn't show up correctly in the window schedule if it is an angle, i.e. 3 1/2 x 4 x 1/4 LLV (long leg vertical.)

Does anyone have a workaround?

2 hours ago, Doug_N said:

Any window opening in a masonry wall usually requires an angle iron lintel.  That seems to be a problem for CA

The Lintel Option in CA is not really for what we think of as (structural) Lintels over Doors and Windows , all it really does is let us use a different size casing on the Top vs the sides and Butt joint them instead of Mitering the Corners. YOu can't even set it up for say a 8"x8" Concrete Lintel (similar to a Soldier Course) over an Opening.

The is an L Angle in the Bonus Beam Catalog but they do not report to any Schedule Either as they are really Geometric shapes I found out recently.

When you use a brick or other masonry type wall the Overhang gets cut off , so no much use as a Structure Lintel to even fake it....

You can add a Comment to the Window's Object Information Panel in a Custom Lintel Field ( with Width macro) so it is added to the Materials List Under Masonry as seen

below , but you could add it to any Category, I just chose Masonry as the Mason would Supply it.

image.thumb.png.47d0bbc86eb00b0eef8d5c80f2254b0e.pngimage.thumb.png.bb86d743984a2ed9d82b052129f1a8c4.pngimage.thumb.png.ab9d6b085f6f6be0352f55f44fc627ae.png