Clipping the back of a cabinet

RHDesigns

Hello ,

I would like to know how do I clip the back of a cabinet , I work / design for a true custom shop and the client has requested a an over depth cabinet but I need to clip the back at an angle ?

so I would like to know how to clip the back or separate all the comments of the cabinet? the cabinet is going into an angled Alcove which is why i need to clip it, the front of the cabinet is also angled but that is an easy task , clipping the back is where I am lost 

• Like 1

What I would do is to use a regular cabinet for elevations and renders. If necessary you could do an elevation of that or those cabinets and merely add the necessary geometry with 2D CAD, and clean that view up using the "Edit Line" tool after sending to the layout. If you must, for some reason be more exact you could create a custom cabinet symbol in Sketch Up for importation into Chief but I consider that overkill.

DJP

1 hour ago, RHDesigns said:

the front of the cabinet is also angled but that is an easy task , clipping the back is where I am lost 

Can't you stack two cabinets , one angled , one not and just reverse the rear one ? ie it faces the wall ,  so instead of 1 x 24" deep cabinet , you'd have 2 x 12 deep cabinets

image.thumb.png.784224db0110e77a0fa994e81236f570.png