Deadman anchor

madcowscarnival

Oddly enough a search of this term yielded no results in the forum.  Is there a method to add deadmen anchors to a foundation system using foundation wall tools instead of just drawing cad lines?  Just in case, a deadman is a return wall generally three feet to the exterior of the foundation and 2'-3' below the top of the wall where there is a long straight foundation wall exceeding (here) 16 feet. 

Currently, I'm trying to select the origin point on the foundation and extend a deadman 3' sticking out at a right angle.  However, this then extends that wall up to the floor level or up to the soffit level. Previously I have been successful in looking at the wall in elevation, selecting the top and dragging it down to the elevation desired.  However, this didn't always work, and is clearly not the correct way to go about it, and isn't working in my current plan.

deadman.plan

Edited by madcowscarnival
example plan attached

24 minutes ago, madcowscarnival said:

Oddly enough a search of this term yielded no results in the forum.  Is there a method to add deadmen anchors to a foundation system using foundation wall tools instead of just drawing cad lines?  Just in case, a deadman is a return wall generally three feet to the exterior of the foundation and 2'-3' below the top of the wall where there is a long straight foundation wall exceeding (here) 16 feet. 

Currently, I'm trying to select the origin point on the foundation and extend a deadman 3' sticking out at a right angle.  However, this then extends that wall up to the floor level or up to the soffit level. Previously I have been successful in looking at the wall in elevation, selecting the top and dragging it down to the elevation desired.  However, this didn't always work, and is clearly not the correct way to go about it, and isn't working in my current plan.

deadman.plan

Not sure what is up on your end , as I can pull all the Walls down in elevation just fine......I lowered the outer short section 1st , then the Taller piece up under the Soffit, but not sure Order effects it?

M.

image.thumb.png.9d895dc5f8c029f05bd63f9bc6719622.png

1 hour ago, madcowscarnival said:

KBird, yeah, I frequently find odd behavior in my program.  After your post I even went in again attempting to select and get some sort of grip handle to pull down.  Nothing.  However, Alaskan_Son, the half wall worked great with the behavior I was looking for.  Thank you

Always worth a restart of the Computer when things are acting weird....may not help...but can't hurt.....

M.

53 minutes ago, Mark3D said:

It’s not set wrong in preferences architectural to select room before wall 

had to read Mark's post a couple of times before I clicked, but it's possible Room is Set before Wall so you can't select the wall without Using Tab or Next (I think) , But I have always had Wall set myself , so haven't run into this myself...

On 2/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, madcowscarnival said:

After your post I even went in again attempting to select and get some sort of grip handle to pull down.  Nothing.