Slab on Grade as the main floor

TSarantopulos

Not sure why this is difficult to do.  Should be pretty simple.   A simple foundation of CMU walls at the default ht set in the program is fine (The footings must be a minimum 18" BG).  Its the slab on grade I'm not getting the result I want which is the slab is inside the foundation walls, poured flush with TOF.  CA is drawing the foundation 12" above the floor.

This is a typical way of slab on grade floors, so why isn't it an option?

How can I easily achieve a slab on grade floor that is flush with TOF?  SSA was no help at all.1721350626_DSC_01591.thumb.JPG.ebb98cdc99d8afe7f5595260b407a2ae.JPG

OK that didn't work either.  I went in and adjusted the default setting/floors and rooms/current floor and indicated that the floor is supplied by Foundation Room Below.  Then also indicated the Floor to SWT (what is SWT?) is set to 0.   Also that the floor structure is 4" concrete with the 5/8" floor finish.

The result is the foundation walls are rendering at 12" above the floor, which isn't right.

The attached file, its in its virgin state before any adjustments for anyone that wants to troubleshoot this one. 

Lane ResidenceASBUILT.plan   The file was done out of office by another draftsman.

Build your foundation w/ the slab at top option. Then in the foundation level, at the top click on Edit > Default Settings > Floors and Rooms > Current Floor and then click Edit. 

In the new window that pops up,  third option from the top, change the value of "Floor (C):" to "0". 

It's currently set at -12 5/8"

Slab.thumb.PNG.91a36c1391b18f57bb9d39d69999a345.PNG 

Wow!  That did work!    I love CA, but sometimes I'm pulling my hair out over the way it will do things you don't want it to do.  Thank you, David!

Now I just have to go back and adjust the ceiling heights again since the program has now taken 12" out of the ceiling height?  (Why, oh why, do you do the things you do CA? You frustrate me sometimes)