How to Change CA File Names Properly?

ClarkeThrasher

To avoid confusion, I fine myself wanting to change a couple of file names rather than saving files to new names and deleting the old. BUT, there are multiple files (backup files or what?) for each of the two originally named files -- do I have to change each of these files individually or can I simply change the name of latest copy or save and the backup files will follow suit?  The more I think of it, saving files to new names and deleting the old files seems easier, bottom line is, I just want to avoid some catastrophic loss of work.

Whenever I edit a plan or layout file, whatever the reason, I give it a new name, usually today's date so older versions are saved and newer versions are easily differentiated from older versions. This is practically important on remodeling and custom home projects were clients often say " can we revert to last weeks version?". Each of us can do as we please with our own files but there are practical reasons NOT to delete anything as well.

DJP

1 hour ago, DavidJPotter said:

Whenever I edit a plan or layout file, whatever the reason, I give it a new name, usually today's date so older versions are saved and newer versions are easily differentiated from older versions. This is practically important on remodeling and custom home projects were clients often say " can we revert to last weeks version?". Each of us can do as we please with our own files but there are practical reasons NOT to delete anything as well.

DJP

Well said!