Mastic Siding - Color/Material Issues

CalebDBCH

Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with changing the siding on a house I'm designing... I have the Mastic by Ply-Gem library downloaded and am trying to pull from that.  I open my wall dialogue, wall type definitions, and can select my siding style- in this case Quest Double 4".  But when I select the color it reverts to a smooth finish?  

Any help please?

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 3.38.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 3.38.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 3.35.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 3.34.55 PM.png

3 minutes ago, CalebDBCH said:

Hi Everyone,

I am having issues with changing the siding on a house I'm designing... I have the Mastic by Ply-Gem library downloaded and am trying to pull from that.  I open my wall dialogue, wall type definitions, and can select my siding style- in this case Quest Double 4".  But when I select the color it reverts to a smooth finish?  

Any help please?

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 3.38.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 3.38.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 3.35.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 3.34.55 PM.png

You're changing the pattern from a pattern to a solid color.

Use the Adjust Material Definition tool, click on the wall, and change the color there.

Just now, CalebDBCH said:

Thanks for the quick response!  

If I click on the color, it brings up a full color palette instead of the dropdown from the Mastic Library?

I don't have the Mastic library but you can apply the color material to another object and then use the eyedropper to pick it up from the Define Material DBX

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

I don't have the Mastic library but you can apply the color material to another object and then use the eyedropper to pick it up from the Define Material DBX

hmmm I gave that a shot and it still replaces the siding

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 3.55.53 PM.png

39 minutes ago, CalebDBCH said:

hmmm I gave that a shot and it still replaces the siding

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 3.55.53 PM.png

Create an object using the color you want as its material. Click the Adjust Material Definition tool on the material you want to change. In the Define Material Spec DBX, click the Material box, then use the eyedropper to pick up the color in the object:

color1.thumb.png.9a4b5fac345aade4cc3cbcef892c43af.png

When you close the DBX the color will be applied to all objects with that altered material (all walls in this case):

color2.thumb.png.a1541e48ea73121126c4a17fec79d057.png

Before you close, first click the Texture tab and click "Blend with Texture."

• Upvote 1