Finished Wall Under Stairs

Keith_A

I am trying to add finished wall underneath a stair. The staircase is built and the railings are all what and where they need to be. When the full height wall ends tho, the wall then continues underneath the stairs. I have tried going in Cross Section cameras and "pulling" or editing the wall surface points, but when i do the first few balusters disappear. I have attached pictures before I edit the wall surface in Cross Section and after, as well as the plan file. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, maybe the 50 below zero temps in Wisconsin fried my brain and it's a simple fix. 

Capture 11.PNG

Capture 12.PNG

1912531 - Botsch - Kitchen Renovation - Existing.zip

6 minutes ago, Keith_A said:

I have tried it both ways, open underneath check and not checked

It should fill in with drywall on its own...might need to play with the "inset " measurement....

you should also be able to draw a wall next to it and uncheck room definition and pull it under the stair and shape it in elevation if needed.

Eric , where is that post of yours with this and the different coloured Walls?   @solver

image.thumb.png.74bc890c4787feddfeabda21c82176e8.png

The stringer is flush with the Sheetrock surface now. Both the wall under the stairs and the full height wall surfaces are flush. The reason I didn't do the stairs as a unit was I was not able to remove the railing on the right with the single stair when built as a unit. 

15 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

It should fill in with drywall on its own...might need to play with the "inset " measurement....

you should also be able to draw a wall next to it and uncheck room definition and pull it under the stair and shape it in elevation if needed.

Eric , where is that post of yours with this and the different coloured Walls?   @solver

image.thumb.png.74bc890c4787feddfeabda21c82176e8.png

This worked. Doesn't Flush up exactly but I was able to get what I needed. I didn't uncheck room def because I wanted to keep the Baseboard. 

8 minutes ago, Keith_A said:

This worked. Doesn't Flush up exactly but I was able to get what I needed. I didn't uncheck room def because I wanted to keep the Baseboard. 

Spoke to soon, I can get it to work and renders properly but on save and reopen it disappears. 

Capture 13.PNG

Capture 14.PNG

10 minutes ago, solver said:

This has the step, landing and stair as one.

You can Control Select individual sections and make changes to them.

The area circled in red -- do these walls need to be in the same plane? 

ct1.thumb.jpg.8da92982f141750c41a70d747ccb3f6a.jpg

Yes those planes in your red circle are one continuous surface, and the Baseboard continues. 

I will try to get the stairs, landing, and step as one. Each time I did tho I had the railing on the single step. Might make my life easier. 

1 hour ago, Keith_A said:

I didn't uncheck room def because I wanted to keep the Baseboard. 

A Room Moulding Polyline can work in this situation , you can turn on and off selected sections as needed.

These type of Stairs are always as a bit of a PITA and one of the much asked for fixes to the "Stair Tools"

• Like 1