Adding additional sill plates after the fact?

woodcraftdesign

I have a concept plan, approved and we are working on a bid set.  I realized I set the foundation at creation to having only 1 sill plate.  With a top cord bearing floor truss I usually add 2 additional sill plates, this creates a space for the top cord bearing floor truss to use.  

Is this the best way to do this?

My question is, can i add the additional sill plates into this plan without re-drawing the foundation?  

In the attempt to reduce the file size from 27MB to less than 25, I overshot and ended up at 3 MB,  I think the majority of the plan is still intact.  Tips and tricks appreciated.  

SD lake house concept plan reduced file size.plan

2 minutes ago, woodcraftdesign said:

simple fix!  like that, 

Is this multiple sill plate the way you would generate a top cord bearing floor truss?

and your fix worked like a charm.  no work lost on the project.

I'm not sure I'm understanding what the extra plates are even for.  Can you clarify, or illustrate?

Generally speaking, the floor truss should connect directly to the sill plate. Every additional and unnecessary connection weakens the lateral support provided by the floor truss to foundation connection. This may be addressed in the applicable building code.

• Upvote 1

The top cord bearing floor truss can be a good tool for lowering the level of access to the home.  You can bring grade up to 11.25 inches Below Floor Rough.  with a step out of the door of 6" a step off the deck or porch of six inches, you are at grade.  But you still have the benefit of trusses for your spans and mechanical.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2019 at 2:26 PM, woodcraftdesign said:

The top cord bearing floor truss can be a good tool for lowering the level of access to the home.  You can bring grade up to 11.25 inches Below Floor Rough.  with a step out of the door of 6" a step off the deck or porch of six inches, you are at grade.  But you still have the benefit of trusses for your spans and mechanical.  

Or for burying beams so they don't hang down.  Although careful or you'll cut off access for pipes / drains.