Some items don't show when printing Elevations

Davidahill5050

I am having a problem when I print Elevations. All of the print is sharp and dark. Any brick that is supposed to print is very light to invisible.

I have worked with line weights with no change in printing. I print a pdf. Then  I send it to a kip printer. In the pdf the brick is very light. But, It does show up 

on the PDF. When I print the layout the brick does not print.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David

You'll probably have to set the brick to be a little darker or to use a little thicker line weight to accommodate your printer.  Some printers can handle lighter colors and lighter line weights better than others.  The PDF is going to be "lossless" so to speak, but physical printing can vary from one setup to the next and partially depends on the setting for that printer too.

1 hour ago, Davidahill5050 said:

I am having a problem when I print Elevations. All of the print is sharp and dark. Any brick that is supposed to print is very light to invisible.

I have worked with line weights with no change in printing. I print a pdf. Then  I send it to a kip printer. In the pdf the brick is very light. But, It does show up 

David

Try a different PDF Printer , eg BullZip  or try the Built in Chief PDF Printer and see if you get the same results , I find at time the Built in one gives different results.

As a test try Printing Black and White , instead of Grayscale etc.

M.

2 hours ago, Davidahill5050 said:

David

I'm going to guess you're talking about the brick mortar lines being too light in a black and white elevation in layout.

In your elevation view, using the Adjust Material Definitions tool 116110112_ScreenShot2019-01-28at6_42_25PM.png.ee89f315c6187d7f7b5cd941bf55d88a.png click on the brick wall and under the General panel, "Lines" option, change the mortar lines to a darker color or black, then when you close the elevation let it update your layout. 

782036459_ScreenShot2019-01-28at6_44_18PM.thumb.png.96b098211b6bec212971fcade0f43d8c.png