Chief acting very slow

capitaldesigns

I have input the floor plans from a job I just measure and Chief is acting very slow. It take Chief around 20 seconds to place one cabinet. I also have the same problem

when I edit walls. Chief displays a rotating blue circle which last a bout 20 seconds before completing the edit command. I opened other job files I am working on and do

experience any delays. I have tried closing down Chief and re-starting it a couple of time to see if that might help and still experience the same delays. I have attached

the plan with the hope that some one might know why this is happening and how I can fix it.

Thanks,

Mike 

Levine.plan

The other plans I am working on work fine, no delays. This one I scanned a floor plan the client had and imported into the plan and used as a background to traced over.

I deleted it from the plan to see if that would speed up things. It didn't. I even renamed the scanned image incase Chief as somehow still using it in my plan. That still did not help.

Mike

54 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

I just inputted cabinets on the second floor I everything works fine, no delays. The delays are only happening on the first floor plan.

Same issues as you here , if I figure it out I'll post back....

M.

2 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

I just inputted cabinets on the second floor I everything works fine, no delays. The delays are only happening on the first floor plan.

usually when Chief slows down it is a bad symbol or something with alot of Curves ( and hence Polygon faces) so after looking at the cabinets and finding no issues,  I looked at the Curved Stairs and somehow or another, you have stacked two curved stairs on top of each other...I deleted both sets and got most of the speed back..... so I deleted the curved walls too and it seems almost normal now.... have a play in a copy of your plan....

image.thumb.png.5a0bf91f6f4a7c4585d5629338b6909f.png

*** Appears to be an issue with curved Walls and curved stairs , probably worth sending the Plan to Tech Support and see what they find as deleting them all seems to fix it...

There is a skinny little demo'd wall to the left of the ovens, which overlaps onto the green fill. Delete that, and everything seems to be okay -- at least for me.  However, I should mention that you also have some weirdness with multiple invisible walls on the left side of the kitchen.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. The slow behavior is back. You seem to have two sets of stairs, one on top of another, too. So, I dunno....

11 minutes ago, Richard_Morrison said:

There is a skinny little demo'd wall to the left of the ovens, which overlaps onto the green fill. Delete that, and everything seems to be okay -- at least for me.  However, I should mention that you also have some weirdness with multiple invisible walls on the left side of the kitchen.

I tried deleting those Demo walls before I deleted the Stairs and it didn't help here , so that is weird..... tried it again and it didn't help , but deleting the stairs and curved walls again did....

where are you seeing invisible walls in the kitchen though? , they are turned on but I don't see any?  I do see some demo walls and Std. Polylines....

3 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

where are you seeing invisible walls in the kitchen though? , they are turned on but I don't see any?  I do see some demo walls and Std. Polylines....

They go from the corner of the kitchen pop-out (a few feet to the right of the outswing door, to the small dashed rectangle. If you drag-select, you'll get them.

20 minutes ago, Richard_Morrison said:

They go from the corner of the kitchen pop-out (a few feet to the right of the outswing door, to the small dashed rectangle. If you drag-select, you'll get them.

Okay ...with the line colour being White  I had missed them , not sure why there are 3 there though.. all unconnected...

image.thumb.png.2412d59794674867f0ee896602656bee.png

I found out what the issue is with Chief working very slowly. The new x10 has a problem with large rooms with a lot of walls.

In my plan there is an existing 32" wide opening between the kitchen and dining room that the client wants to make 5' wide. Originally

I used a doorway to do this. Doing this separated the kitchen from the dining room, living room and entry. I later decided to

not use the doorway method since it shows a dashed line over the opening. I decided to use the break wall command and pull

back one of the wall to create the 5' opening. As soon as I did this Chief got very slow. I spoke to tech. support and they told me that Chief

has an issue with large rooms with a lot of walls jogging in and out. Large rectangular rooms do not have this issue. Hopefully they can

fix this problem soon.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Thank you Eric. That is exactly what I need. As I said in my post I spoke to tech. support this morning. His suggestion for this

opening was to use the doorway tool to place the opening then create a custom layer for that opening and change the line color

to white so it would not display.

Mike

53 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

I spoke to tech. support and they told me that Chief

has an issue with large rooms with a lot of walls jogging in and out. Large rectangular rooms do not have this issue

Well that's a new one to me.... and not good....

A Room Divider in that Opening cuts the delay in half , and another at the bottom of the stairs between the two curves walls also seems to help, but not 100%.

Don't forget to delete one of the two staircases you have.....there should be no need for a CAD stair at the bottom either , just draw a 2 step straight staircase and it should join the curved one...the curved one does not reach the upper floor by the way.

M.