Walk throughs

rockyshepheard

You should be able to get something close to what you need without editing. Just add extra cameras and play with the settings.

The Absolute Camera Angles are a little more difficult to setup and require a lot more cameras but offer more control.

Good ideas. I have been experimenting with the 3D viewer a bit. Another off topic. I really like the rendering you posted a while back indicating you use Lumion and Photoshop etc. Would you be willing to TeamView with me sometime and offer some tips on how to stunning renderings?

2 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

Good ideas. I have been experimenting with the 3D viewer a bit. Another off topic. I really like the rendering you posted a while back indicating you use Lumion and Photoshop etc. Would you be willing to TeamView with me sometime and offer some tips on how to stunning renderings?

Happy to, I use Thea Render plugin for sketchup- I still feel as if the Chief renderings are formidable in most cases and only my high end clients will pay top dollar for the photo-realism

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Happy to, I use Thea Render plugin for sketchup- I still feel as if the Chief renderings are formidable in most cases and only my high end clients will pay top dollar for the photo-realism

If you might consider doing a workshop I am sure there would be others that would love to join or sit in.

Just now, Chopsaw said:

If you might consider doing a workshop I am sure there would be others that would love to join or sit in.

Someday yes, I've been organizing like a mad man- I need to get resources for people to download good materials, that's half the battle. Might look into creating a website to host my materials...Prob is they aren't organized for an end user- someday!

I know @Alaskan_Son is starting to train in PBR and he's an excellent coach- he just taught me how to write some basic macros and the benefit has been ten fold

2 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

How would you compare the value wrt cost, quality and functionality of Thea Renderer $450 vs CA rendering? And maybe Lumion, if you've used it.

I would assume a CA file would be exported to 3DS and then imported into Thea for rendering?

27 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

How would you compare the value wrt cost, quality and functionality of Thea Renderer $450 vs CA rendering? And maybe Lumion, if you've used it.

I would assume a CA file would be exported to 3DS and then imported into Thea for rendering?

Cant really compare the two on equal basis as CA produces con docs, imagery, material lists, etc...so much more

Thea has paid for itself 20 times over- but I have a client base willing to spend an extravagant amount of money on the service- it can be meticulous and time consuming--- furthermore for its newest offering you need to purchase a software like Sketchup as Thea V2 is only available as a plugin, Thea standalone studio may be discontinued.

A case in point, a developer wants to market a home before they've even broken ground- they hire me to produce realistic renderings of the home to market so they can sell before the project is even finished.

I enjoy rendering and it makes decent money after an extraordinary amount of time invested in material cataloguing- I make my money on design and CD's

1 hour ago, Electromen said:

Have you tried having the Walkthrough follow a Spline?

Along the Spline, add a Key Point.  Click on the Key Point and adjust the speed of the camera movement to near zero.  Add another Key Point and return to normal speed.

Yes. I tried that and did not notice any appreciable slowing down of the camera. I wish CA had a way to concatenate several spline paths so I could make one regular path, then a path consisting only of rotation, then another path completing the walkthrough. Then l could simply string them together seemlesly.,another one for the suggestion box. :)

8 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

I wish CA had a way to concatenate several spline paths so I could make one regular path, then a path consisting only of rotation, then another path completing the walkthrough. Then l could simply string them together seemlesly.,another one for the suggestion box. :)

That is all possible with a walkthrough path.  There must be something you are missing.  Each camera you place along the path can control the angle speed and direction of the view.  Maybe post your plan file with some specific questions and they will be answered.

Thanks. I will post tomorrow. I do put key frames where I change parameters. But i’d Like the camera to stop and hangout for 15 seconds without moving forward...looking at a painting on a wall..then continuing on. It would have to slow to zero speed for a specified amount of time. I don’t think the given parameters can accommodate that.

2 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

Yes. Thank you! I see you slowed down and approached then reversed it. Did you use a .0001 speed or something?

It was actually .033 because I made another adjustment and it seems to compensate for you sometimes.

.01 seems to be the lowest entry possible but maybe Michaels Idea would also work fine or even better.

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2019 at 8:39 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Just stack 2 key frames right on top of each other (line length of zero) and set the time between frames to 15 seconds. 

Thanks much. Not sure I understand. Not sure what variable 'line length' is. It's not in the dbx.

I did as you said but it did not stop.

I created a path with an beginning and ending keyframes.

I added two additional keyframes.

I changed the two additional keyframe durations to 15 seconds on both.

Then I move #2 keyframe on top of #3 keyframe.

Did I do something incorrectly?

Thanks!

Untitled-1.jpg