Default Floor Settings

CElder

I'm trying to set up my floor elevation defaults and I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any way to change the defaults on my absolute elevations so that my SWT can be absolute 0?  My boss has always operated on that type of labeling system and I'm going cross-eyed trying to do the math in my head every time I need to change something.  The main floor (C) line is set to 0 and grayed out in the default floor setting  I'd like that line to read 12 5/8" so I'm just wondering if there is a work around that involves not having to change it every time I start a new plan.
  2. Under Foundation defaults, it notes to add 1-1/2" for the sill plate to the foundation wall height.  Does that mean that everywhere I have a foundation wall, I should label it as 97-1/2" tall (for a 96" wall)?  Or just in the foundation defaults it should be 97-1/2" and in the floor and room defaults I would label as 96"?

In short, I believe the answer is no. Everything is programmed to the first floor. Chief tends to think in terms of the first floor line being the best place to measure from. While the majority of my builders also think that way, every now and then I get someone that wants the top of the stem wall to be zero, and I am left with doing a lot of math.

• Like 1

Have you tried changing your grade level marker to the top of foundation and have your elevation reference the grade level marker, instead of the 1st floor subfloor?  This can be found under auto story pole dimension default-locate elevation.