ChiefuserDRB

Trying to figure out how the material list works and generates its numbers, Am a student and still relatively new at chief. Below is a project have been working on and this is the first time I have been asked to do a full material list. Have watched all the tutorials on it but cannot seem to find out why its giving such long 2x6 boards. The plan is attached below to look at. 

1796912297_Framing2x6.thumb.PNG.bcb1ecd72762c5ca4f07a2bb06202e73.PNG

Litchtman Chief plan 1-23-19.plan

Check out Structural Member Reporting in Plan Defaults , copy the existing default , (so you don't alter the original) and try different settings eg cut list , but my guess is you have total linear length on by default, so CA is consolidating the materials.

Mick.

edit: a coule of KB Articles that may help...... PDF under Tools Green button too.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00095/creating-a-cut-list-of-framing-materials.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00510/controlling-the-information-in-a-materials-list.html

15 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Check out Structural Member Reporting in Plan Defaults , copy the existing default , (so you don't alter the original) and try different settings eg cut list , but my guess is you have total linear length on by default, so CA is consolidating the materials.

Mick.

edit: a coule of KB Articles that may help...... PDF under Tools Green button too.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00095/creating-a-cut-list-of-framing-materials.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00510/controlling-the-information-in-a-materials-list.html

Made a copy of the default list and switched it to buy list, but still same issue.

4 minutes ago, ChiefuserDRB said:

And how do I delete the ML? Or where is it that I locate it?

Just close the ML TAB and don't save it , then generate another....  ML's are basically a "snapshot" at the instant you generate them only

let me look at the plan....

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

Just close the ML TAB and don't save it , then generate another....  ML's are basically a "snapshot" at the instant you generate them only

let me look at the plan....

Please and thank you! I have no idea why the framing pieces are coming out like this on all the lists I've generated.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    shawnfndr
    Newest Member
    shawnfndr

• By Renerabbitt
      POST 0

You've found it! A thread offering up some of my favorite symbols and content for Chief Architect
      The following content is listed by category with both a link to the post within this thread for easy navigation and a link to a direct download if you won't to cut straight to the chase. new/recent uploads are in RED font. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, the index is only updated Bi-Monthly. There are plenty of posts made in between updates.

CLICK ON THE "DL" FOR INSTANT .CALIBZ DOWNLOAD:
      =======================================================
      FREE SECTION
      =======================================================
      ARCHITECTURAL-NEW!!!
      RABS 3D GUTTERS - DL   CAD Blocks-NEW!!!
      RABS Bathroom Standards - DL   CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES/ARCHITECTURAL ITEMS:
      RABS 42 CABLE RAILING - DL    RABS MODERN FRONT DOOR AND DOOR ASSEMBLY - DL   RABS INTEGRATED SINK - DL DAMS AND BRIDGES
      CONNECTER - DL  DECOR:
      RABS CHARLES-HILL GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL    ACCESSORY HOME #1 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #2 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #3 - DL SANTA TERESA DAY BED - DL CAT TREE - DL KITCHEN RELATED:
      RAYTRACE INFORMATION KITCHEN RELATED:
      3-ISLANDS - DL LA CORNUE 1908 RANGE - DL CAFE APPLIANCES, PAINTABLE(CORRECTED) - DL LIGHTING:
      PENDANTS AND SCONCES - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 RECESSED NC HALO 4 INCH LED WITH HOUSING - DL NEW!! 03-22-20 MATERIALS:
      TILE AND COUNTERTOPS #1 - DL 1(ONEDRIVE LINK) - DL-2 CUSTOM WHITES WITH PAINT TOOLBAR ICONS - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 - DL-5 - DL-6 RABS RUGS 1V1 - DL          RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIALS PACK - DL         RABS FLOORING PACK 1 - DL            RABS OLD GOLDEN OAK FLOOR - DL   
      RABS SIDING MATERIALS - DL  SEARCH TOOLS
      CHIEF ARCHITECT SPECIFIC SEARCH SEEMLESS TEXTURE SEARCH MODEL SEARCH IMAGE SEARCH CODE LOOKUP STYLE PALLETS
      GARZA VANITY - DL OPERABLE GLASS TRANSOM SHOWER WINDOW - DL  
      SYMBOLS:
      FIREPLACE ASSEMBLY 1 - DL     FIREPLACE STACK TOOLS - DL ACKLES BED AND EDISON TABLE LAMP - DL-1 - DL - 2 TEAPOT MATERIAL EDITOR REPLACEMENT - DL-1 - DL-2 FINMARK TABLE FROM CB2 - DL FIREPLACE MANTLES 1 AND 2 - DL    RABS STRETCHABLE PICTURE FRAMES - DL    BATH SURROUND TOOLS ARCHED CABINETS -DL Rabs Cat Tree - DL VIDEOS: 
      YouTube Channel Search Tools For Designers and Drafters ARCHED CABINET COMMUNITY CHALLENGE EDITING SPHEREICAL BACKDROPS PREP TO TRACE YOUR PDF PLANSET TRIM KITS FOR BUILT-IN APPLIANCES 3D LOGO CREATION-THE EASY WAY CUSTOM SHOWER SURROUND TILE LAYOUTS RABBITT DESIGN IG TAKEOVER OF CHIEF ARCHITECT X-14 BETA LIVE OVERVIEW LINKED CALLOUTS FROM NOTES  
      ========================================================
      PAID SECTION
      ========================================================
      QUICK TOOLS:
      RABS KITCHEN QUICK TOOLS   RABS FIREPLACE DYNAMIC TOOL

Many of these I have personally made or modified. Some of the content may have been created by others for which I will give credit. Many of the materials have free licensing, so no credit is needed. 
      Some of this content may slow down your program as I have a high powered machine and often times use complex and high resolution textures. I will try and give as much detail as possible. Use at your own peril!

No but seriously dig through and enjoy, I've spent a good number of hours ensuring the quality of these symbols and will update them periodically- so CHECK BACK IN! and PLEASE GIVE A LIKE FOR THE POST OF ANY SYMBOL YOU LIKE, IT ENCOURAGES ME TO GO BACK AND REFINE/REDUCE/OPTIMIZE THAT SYMBOL. GIVE A DOWNVOTE AND IT'LL PROBABLY ENCOURAGE ME TO DO THE SAME THING...YOU'LL JUST BE A JERK FOR IT

CHANGELOG:(PACIFIC TZ)
      Page 1:
        Post 0:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: Removed the poll, migrated this thread. re-uploaded from X11 public beta 02-20-2019-2:59PM: Added a Poll for user content requests 03-30-2020-6:49PM: Deleted Video Links and added link to YouTube Channel   Post 5:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: centered the hearth on the symbol   Post 18:
      02-12-2019-9:52PM: Posted and fixed DL links Fireplace Stack
      01-05-2022-fixed broken links  

Here is a symbol to get you started:
      @Cheryl_C_Crane Think you requested this,

RUSTIC BRICK 2.calibz
      Number of Textures: 2
      Map size: 1024x1024
      Filesize: 3.13 MB

• By Jeffcrigler
      I am trying to align the orientation of the materials on a base cabinet with both drawers and doors.  When I use the material painter to apply "Teak" for example, to a standard vanity cabinet, the drawers and the doors are always 90 degrees off.  If I rotate thee texture of the cabinet 90 degrees, they both rotate.  I need to rotate the doors or the cabinets separately.  I want both the drawers and doors to have the texture apply in the same vertical or horizontal orientation.

• By ChelseaHHomes
      Hi, I'm a new Chief Architect user. I'm still in training and can't figure out this issue. My pattern texture isn't showing up in my Elevation Views. Something must be toggled off because this is affecting all of my materials not just the siding, I just don't know what it could be. The siding has the preset "Hatch" pattern Chief Architect has already, I attached a screen shot of the  Define Material dialog box too. Thanks in advance!

• By ACADuser
      Creating a Header schedule I select one row & click the "Find Object in Plan" which takes me to the wall frame view instead of the plan view.
      Do I have a setting off or is this normal?

• By KRosen
      So I'm trying to get my rafter ends to show up like so (please ignore the rafter tails for all intent and purposes). I've tried adjusting the birdsmouth settings to get the desired result but no matter what I do, I can't get the seat cut. I can only get a plumb cut or a square cut, and the plumb cut is going through the floor and walls. Can someone please help, because this is driving me crazy! (also the steeper roof pitch is 25":12")