Custom Ceilings

capitaldesigns

I was following along with Michael David's custom ceiling tutorial. I added soffits around the room with molding. When I did the plan I get an outline of the

ceiling soffits on the floor as well. I tried it again by following along with his video and got the same results. I did a third floor plan but followed along with

Chief's tutorial on using the soffit tool. This time I did not get an outline of the soffits on the floor.

Can anyone let me know why I am getting an outline of the ceiling soffits on the floor ? I have attached the plan and a 3D view.

Thanks,

Mike 

Untitled_10.plan

Custom Ceiling.jpg

Thank You Eric, that worked. I just watched Michael David's video again and followed step by step what he did. He used a 3d molding polyline and did not get the molding

showing up on the floor like I do. I tried your suggestion and used a molding polyline and everything worked out. No molding on the floor.

Questions, why is it that using a 3d molding polyline is putting molding on the ceiling and the floor at the same time ? What is the deference between a molding polyline

and a 3d polyline ? Both show the molding in 3d. When would you use a 3d molding polyline v. a molding polyline ?

Thanks Again,

Mike 

Thanks Eric. I see that there are 2 moldings. I deleted the molding at the floor. I still get the outline of the ceiling molding on the floor.

I double check to see if the floor molding was really deleted. It was. The only way I could get the floor molding to not show up was to

increase the thickness of the floor finish by 1/2".

15 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

I was following along with Michael David's custom ceiling tutorial. I added soffits around the room with molding. When I did the plan I get an outline of the

ceiling soffits on the floor as well. I tried it again by following along with his video and got the same results. I did a third floor plan but followed along with

Chief's tutorial on using the soffit tool. This time I did not get an outline of the soffits on the floor.

Can anyone let me know why I am getting an outline of the ceiling soffits on the floor ? I have attached the plan and a 3D view.

Thanks,

Mike 

Untitled_10.plan

Custom Ceiling.jpg

His name is David Michaels his web address is: dmdesignsoc.com