Unable to generate exterior views

BillsburgChief

I am not sure what is happening but I am guessing this file might be corrupt, but wanted to see if anyone has had a similar problem.  Sometimes I can't seem to generate orthographic full overview or any exterior elevations.  I am able to generate perspective full overview and than able to select vector view from that.  Also a lot of times Chief will generate a fatal error "Serious error occurred (SEH)" and crash.  Anyone want to give it a shot?  File is attached.

Thanks, Billy

17-287 Smith.plan

11 minutes ago, BillsburgChief said:

My graphics card is a AMD FirePrp v5900 (FireGL V), I dont seem to have this problem w/ any other files.

Try Updating the Drivers perhaps.....

Plan is fine here but I am running a Nvidia GPU and X10.....

M.

Javatom - I've tried to fill window (F6) to no no avail.  Most of the time (90%) I try to generate the views it does not work, just blank white screen, other times it generates w/ no problems.  It will also seem to happen if I try to undo a command...  Ughh

Billy,   I was able to open your file on my system in X7 and reproduce your issues.  White screen with Orthographic or Elevation views but no crash or error code.

Not likely a video card driver issue but it is a little slow generating even a perspective view for some reason so possibly a memory issue.  How many gigs is your card ?

I can bring the plan file forward on my system to see what happen if you like.

5 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

How many gigs is your card ?

2GB according to the Dell page I found here : ( edit: 4GB according to Billy)

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln290703/the-hardware-specifications-for-the-precision-t3600-desktop-workstation?lang=en#Video

It sounds like the issue some had with ATI Cards early last year but that was in X10 , I think a number bought Nvidia Cards to replace the ATI and had no further Issues. Luckily GPUs have dropped alot in Price since last year.....

Chopsaw - Yes I can generate perspective Standard render view (the only view I can generate from plan view) but from the Standard render view I'm able to change it vector.  Just a guess, but do you (or anyone else) think it could be related to the Flemish brick pattern I created on the exterior brick areas?

7 minutes ago, BillsburgChief said:

Just a guess, but do you (or anyone else) think it could be related to the Flemish brick pattern I created on the exterior brick areas?

Not likely but it would not hurt to try swapping that out for something stock temporarily as a test.

Just pulled your plan through to X8 and all the elevation and section cameras work as well as orthographic views.

Might find the odd little surprise here and there though. 

Dormers.jpg

10 minutes ago, BillsburgChief said:

Just a guess, but do you (or anyone else) think it could be related to the Flemish brick pattern I created on the exterior brick areas?

There is no texture for the Brick only a Pattern , so I would try a standard CA Brick to see if it helps.....

Plan is okay in X9 too....