Creating elliptical arched entry on a bump out using a door .

rockyshepheard

This was the recommended method by a forum member.

Previously, I was creating the arch in another software, importing and positioning.

I'm practicing the advised technique but hit a tiny snag.

In order to create empty space to place columns under the arch heel, I selected the wall

and placed a cut point then pulled the wall section up. This should work but

how do I precisely do the same thing on the left side. My snaps are not snapping.

If there is a better way to remove wall under th arch heel, I'd like to find out.

Thanks!

drag wall up.plan

59 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

This was the recommended method by a forum member.

Previously, I was creating the arch in another software, importing and positioning.

I'm practicing the advised technique but hit a tiny snag.

In order to create empty space to place columns under the arch heel, I selected the wall

and placed a cut point then pulled the wall section up. This should work but

how do I precisely do the same thing on the left side. My snaps are not snapping.

If there is a better way to remove wall under th arch heel, I'd like to find out.

Thanks!

drag wall up.plan

while you are dragging your cursor to drag the wall/poly line section etc., you can move the cursor left to right and snap the main outside layer to another object/wall/any snap point etc. Your wall/poly line won't move left to right- but it will snap to what you have you're mouse hovering over while holding the left mouse button down for drag.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

while you are dragging your cursor to drag the wall/poly line section etc., you can move the cursor left to right and snap the main outside layer to another object/wall/any snap point etc. Your wall/poly line won't move left to right- but it will snap to what you have you're mouse hovering over while holding the left mouse button down for drag.

I found that only works in a cross-section view, but it does work! Thanks much.