Permanent changes to wall fill and line types

rockyshepheard

19 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

I know how to change them for each new plan but is there a way to change them so when I create a new plan the changes are there?

I looked in preferences and default settings.

Thanks!

Lots of info in the KB:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03094/creating-a-custom-plan-template-from-an-existing-project.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00463/creating-and-using-a-plan-template.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01123/message-do-you-want-to-use-this-file-as-your-default-template.html

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

What if I delete my plan and save it on the template directory as a plan. Then I can pick it from open template. Is that any diff than doing exports?

Once the Template is set , the New Button will always open it but the name seen will be Untitled_1.plan until you save it with a name which you should ALWAYS do 1st thing on open a new Plan , so autosave is activated , and you have a backup if you Computer or CA crashes.....most of us have learnt the hard way and lost 1/2 a days work by not saving immediately on opening/starting a New plan. Also a good practice to hit Ctrl-S every now and then and save a file yourself.

I am not sure why you want or need to delete a plan, you can Save any current plan as the New Plan Template. There is no need to export from the Current plan at all before doing this.... you can bring in Wall definitions and Annosets etc from different Plans if you'd like to though.

Do you mean delete everything in the current plan? then save as a Template perhaps....then yes....on the Edit Menu see the Delete Objects Tool. YOu can also delete Floor Levels etc via the Build >Floors Menu, or shift-Select items and delete them etc to clean a Plan out.

M.

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Once the Template is set , the New Button will always open it but the name seen will be Untitled_1.plan until you save it with a name which you should ALWAYS do 1st thing on open a new Plan , so autosave is activated , and you have a backup if you Computer or CA crashes.....most of us have learnt the hard way and lost 1/2 a days work by not saving immediately on opening/starting a New plan. Also a good practice to hit Ctrl-S every now and then and save a file yourself.

I am not sure why you want or need to delete a plan, you can Save any current plan as the New Plan Template. There is no need to export from the Current plan at all before doing this.... you can bring in Wall definitions and Annosets etc from different Plans if you'd like to though.

Do you mean delete everything in the current plan? then save as a Template perhaps....then yes....on the Edit Menu see the Delete Objects Tool. YOu can also delete Floor Levels etc via the Build >Floors Menu, or shift-Select items and delete them etc to clean a Plan out.

M.

Yes, delete everything in my plan before saving as a template. 

Thanls much1

1 hour ago, rockyshepheard said:

Yes, delete everything in my plan before saving as a template. 

Thanls much1

Only downside I can think of it that CA will "remember" things like Room Definitions and that sometime may bite you on the A**....

Another good thing in the Template plan is to add an Input Point at 0,0 . so you always start your drawing Near 0,0 , which can help with Z-fighting on larger plans in particular.

Mick.