Whats your screen layout

Rpadge

Hi Robert,

Mine looked pretty much like yours, until I realized your layer display was floating on a separate screen.  Didn't know, (didn't try actually) that we could do that.  I can with Inventor, Mechanical Desktop and do, just never thought about doing this with Chief as well.  Now it does simulate yours :-)

Beautiful house BTW...

I use a very vanilla tool bar layout, but what

I do is to have all the tool bars at the top or

left edge of the screen. What with the ever

expanding workspace on the larger and

higher resolution monitors this allows for

much less mouse travel to access the tool

bars. I generally keep the Browsers and

ALDO open on a second monitor.

Image1.png

I like to keep it simple.

Culled some buttons from the standard toolbars at the top. Made a custom toolbar for the left side. Made a custom toolbar with library objects to sit above the Library-Layer-Browser windows on the right.

Capture.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2019 at 1:06 AM, Renerabbitt said:

I've maxed out on custom library buttons across my various templates unfortunately. My layout is certainly not for everyone but it works very well for me. big 40 " screen

plan:

11962632_TOOLBARLAYOUT.thumb.JPG.56ea2af8cd56e5f1c39a94439cfc6198.JPG

3d:

526778499_TOOLBARS2.thumb.JPG.ed2a3f309bab912db3b6a28391010311.JPG

Hello Rene, I am curious about the details of your 40" screen? I used a 23" for the longest time and recently moved to a 28" and wished I had gone with something larger So many detailed choices!  Thanks!

5 minutes ago, rwdozier said:

Hello Rene, I am curious about the details of your 40" screen? I used a 23" for the longest time and recently moved to a 28" and wished I had gone with something larger So many detailed choices!  Thanks!

Its a 40" 4k LED TV by samsung- I use it with a sit stand desk and an inexpensive and versatile tv mount that raises/lowers/tilts by hand.

I've re-setup my toolbars since this post as I discovered functionality in CA is greater with 2 stand-alone instances of CA vs tiled windows

1 hour ago, Rpadge said:

2 instances of CA?

If you could please quote me next time so I will get notification,I'd appreciate it.... else I might've missed this question   ;)

If I split a 3d view out of CA and the window-left arrow to tile my 2 CA instances I get this result:

1787289133_toolbarsidebyside.thumb.PNG.6931654e2a76874a6e6c6ae61fbfdb2f.PNG

notice my 3d toolbars are on the side, and my plan toolbars are top and bottom.

I've actually been reducing my toolbars to just user added items as I transition to my new toolbar system on my touch tablet.

I'm typing this response using my ipad with this system- which is in development still:

20190301_162453000_iOS.thumb.png.c783ed6e2d052855ecf09a4f6f4a5f05.png

this layout has already changed quite a bit since these screenshots were taken

46 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

If you could please quote me next time so I will get notification,I'd appreciate it.... else I might've missed this question   ;)

If I split a 3d view out of CA and the window-left arrow to tile my 2 CA instances I get this result:

1787289133_toolbarsidebyside.thumb.PNG.6931654e2a76874a6e6c6ae61fbfdb2f.PNG

notice my 3d toolbars are on the side, and my plan toolbars are top and bottom.

I've actually been reducing my toolbars to just user added items as I transition to my new toolbar system on my touch tablet.

I'm typing this response using my ipad with this system- which is in development still:

20190301_162453000_iOS.thumb.png.c783ed6e2d052855ecf09a4f6f4a5f05.png

this layout has already changed quite a bit since these screenshots were taken

You really impress me Rene! You are a total out of the box thinker. I wont even try to do what you do but you give me great ideas that help me!

Thank You!

Do you have a You-tube Channel?

Just now, builtright3 said:

You really impress me Rene!

Thank you, that of course means a lot to me. Yes, I need to clean it up, it's a combination of CA vids and playing video games, haha!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbkgwAcrZQP0Ek0bNmqpgAQ?view_as=subscriber

2 hours ago, Rpadge said:

Rene, can you elaborate on what you are doing and how you are using 2 instances of CA?

Also wanted to mention the reason for the side by side was I was able to utilize tools across the two windows instead of having to click in a second tabbed view and re-select a tool I was already using in the the previous tabbed view.

Which is why I switched to having only 3d items in the side bar otherwise we would see them as a division between the two windows of plan vs 3d