Door & Window movement issue

Tdgdesign

Hi! For some reason all of a sudden I can slide doors and windows right over each other. Normally they get stopped by each other.  This happens in plan and elevation... wasn't doing it last night when I saved project but today when I'm able to slide em around willy nilly!

Also not sure why this file size is so large - I have a fairly large site plan from CAD in there but still, seems larger than normal. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Oqunquit_Working.plan

2 minutes ago, Tdgdesign said:

No, I am just an X9er

Strange indeed.  That message usually pops up when pulling a file forward to a newer version.

Did you check if Bumping/Pushing was accidentally toggled off causing the doors and windows to slide over each other.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Not sure I have ever had that warning with a standard version update Mick.   Have you ?

I have, that is why I thought of it , and it may have been in X9 too , don't remember seeing it in X10.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tdgdesign said:

I have never upgraded or anything. That wouldn't have happened automatically would it have?

It checks about once a week depending on you preferences setting......and usually asks if you want to update AFAIK though , have a look at Help About and check what version you have...

Latest version should be in your Digital Locker for Download...

or here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/updates/oldupdates.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

I have that is why I thought of it , and it may have been in X9 too , don't remember seeing it in X10.

I am pretty sure it can happen with pre release versions but not standard updates.  It does seem strange though and should be sent into tech support if it persists.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tdgdesign said:

It says I have build 19.3.1.8x64 Sept 2017.

Im afraid to save it and not be able to access it afterwards...

It probably means you started it in 19.2.0.39 or 19.3.1.7  but now have 19.1.3.8   ...  .8 was a minor update to deal with and update Menu item (activation) only IIRC.

If you save it with .8 , there should be no reason you can't open it with .8 again but I would use the Save as Menu item instead and add a revision number to your Plan Name just incase there is some snafu.

If you place a rich text box and add the macro from the insert menu for Program Version it will tell you what version it was drawn in....

eg mine in X10

image.thumb.png.06eab2caf36f1d67c0042e2841fd1de7.png

There will be a autosave in the Archive Folder too, assuming you have Autosave on in Preferences too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tdgdesign said:

Ok I did a save-as, shut down machine and rebooted. Now it seems fine. Just a Chief Burp it seems?

Thanks for everyones help!

:) they do happen , especially if the Computer doesn't get a Daily reboot....

• Like 1