X10 bump push?

Designer1

I have X10 and when I move a cabinet it pushes effortlessly through a wall??  This has never happened to me before with chief.  I also have bump push selected.  Does anyone know what selection I might have on in defaults to create this behavior with the cabinets?

Thanks!

Try increasing the Maximum Bump Distance in Preferences>Edit>Snap Properties>Options  to 200  

( allows a move of further distance before bumping is turned off automatically I believe)

and lower down is the Bumping Pushing Setting under Other Snaps................ is it checked?

Mick,

Thanks for the reply Mick.  Bingo!  That was it!  Yeah it said maximum bump distance was set at 150 and snap distance was only at 12.   Funny how none of the versions of chief Ive had Ive never run into this problem before.  Does the snap preferences also affect how walls snap too?  Is the snap settings in preferences just the overall default for everything snap? Just curious, I havent had to ever change these settings before.

Mick,

I actually went ahead and made the changes but then noticed when I went to double click in the center of a room it would select a door, cabinet or staircase in the distance of the room.  So I didnt like that reaction to the changes so when I went and changed them back to 12, it still kept the same bump behavior in that the cabinets would no longer easily push through the walls.  WHO WHAT HUH?!   Oh well just glad the double clicking in the room went back to normal as well as cabinet bump behavior.  What a strange and first time chief experience with this!

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Mick,

Thanks for the reply Mick.  Bingo!  That was it!  Yeah it said maximum bump distance was set at 150 and snap distance was only at 12.   Funny how none of the versions of chief Ive had Ive never run into this problem before.  Does the snap preferences also affect how walls snap too?  Is the snap settings in preferences just the overall default for everything snap? Just curious, I havent had to ever change these settings before.

It's an old Tip,.... I think from Dan Baumann at ChiefExperts

And I didn't say anything about changing the Snap Distance.....just sayin ... :)