How to make whit band for contrast

rockyshepheard

4 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

For example, to create the arched front entrance you went through the process of building an arched section, converted it to a symbol and then manually positioned it. This however could have been accomplished by inserting a door into the wall and using the Arch function, now your arched opening can be full controlled

Thank you for your suggestions.

I suppose the reason I didn't use a door is because (as far as I know) CA cannot combine a tudor arch with a round arch (essentially the structure whose heals sit on top of two columns. If CA can achieve that, I need to know about it.

When you say why not start with a 3D polyline, I have not found a drawing tool called that. I had to do a lot of digging even after people told me how to do it, to accomplish it, since it's a lot of menu picks. Maybe my menus are not set up like everyone else's.

Too bad the menu isn't set up like...

Sketch

3D Polyline

Polyline

Primatives

Splines

Bezier Curves

etc.

Then, I know I want to create a shape so I pick one.

The way I see it now, the line, arch circle, box and spline seem to be right there as if to say start with these. I'm wondering why there isn't an icon for a 3D polyline along with those. 

I am in the process of reading the manual so I know I'm showing my ignorance of most of it.

I feel I'm getting better with each job and definitely appreciate how generous everyone in this forum has been.

Rocky

Hi Rocky - Here is an example using a door with the type of arch you desire. The door uses what is called a Broken Arch and the DBX allows you to set the height of the arch. You will also notice that with this the arch is nice and smooth.

1331020285_DoorArch.thumb.jpg.cd275c89a3eac77d861df4e4d353320e.jpg

The 3D molding polyline is under "Build", "Trim".

The 3D polyline like the 3D molding polyline are special in the fact that they can be manipulated in the X,Y and Z planes. The additional Z plane is what makes them more challenging to manipulate.