Heart shaped window

edcsteve

33 minutes ago, edcsteve said:

Does anyone know how to do this or has anyone done it?  This is what my client sent me Thank you

de6f0e59f9f1df24a48ab9872bcf39ba--walentynki-about-heart[1].jpg

With Polyline Solids would be my guess , and later export and re-import to make a Window Symbol if needed.

I don't think the Window Tool will make that Shape , if that's what you were wondering.

Don't forget to do your Forum signature at some point......

M.

10 minutes ago, solver said:

I don't know of any instructions, but here are the basics.

Make a symbol, and set the Inserts Into Wall option. The symbol can be anything and to practice, the overall size is not important. Make the depth the thickness of the wall or more, and make the Insert Depth at least the wall thickness.

Place the symbol in the wall and take an elevation view. Move it as required, then click Edit Wall Cutout Polyline in the Edit Toolbar. This will allow reshaping of the hole, independent of the shape or the symbol.

You just need to experiment to see how it works.

For the heart shape, I used 2 symbols and made the holes overlap to get the 2 humps at the top, as I could not break the top of the box.

Thank you! I will try it.

1 hour ago, solver said:

I don't know of any instructions, but here are the basics.

Make a symbol, and set the Inserts Into Wall option. The symbol can be anything and to practice, the overall size is not important. Make the depth the thickness of the wall or more, and make the Insert Depth at least the wall thickness.

Place the symbol in the wall and take an elevation view. Move it as required, then click Edit Wall Cutout Polyline in the Edit Toolbar. This will allow reshaping of the hole, independent of the shape or the symbol.

You just need to experiment to see how it works.

For the heart shape, I used 2 symbols and made the holes overlap to get the 2 humps at the top, as I could not break the top of the box.

It maybe in the Tips Forum, Michael (AlaskanSon) wrote a post or two about making the "Cutout Tool" to make using the Wall Layer Cutouts easier.

@Alaskan_Son