NanaWall or LaCantina Folding Doors

DHerb2014

I have a project where the homeowners want folding doors out to their patio in several locations. I imported NanaWall's detail, but it's just a CAD block. The check mark "include in door schedule?" dbx was checked, but it doesn't show up in the door schedule? Also, I was hoping to show the doors folding to one side in their "open position". I'm using X10 and have been using CA since 1998.

Could you help with this series of questions?

1 hour ago, DHerb2014 said:

I imported NanaWall's detail, but it's just a CAD block.

You need the Library provide by Chief or is that what you meant?

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/3d-library/index.php?r=site/detail/991

or a library found here provide by DMD Designs ....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18903-free-glass-panel-door-door-system/?tab=comments#comment-155651

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DHerb2014 said:

I have a project where the homeowners want folding doors out to their patio in several locations. I imported NanaWall's detail, but it's just a CAD block. The check mark "include in door schedule?" dbx was checked, but it doesn't show up in the door schedule? Also, I was hoping to show the doors folding to one side in their "open position". I'm using X10 and have been using CA since 1998.

Could you help with this series of questions?

Just an FYI, have had problems with 4 sets of La Cantina doors. On each set the last panel was pinned to the track on the hinge side as opposed to the striker side. When the doors are opened incorrectly (which is very easy to do even when familiar with proper operation) the weight of the last panel pulls the next panel into a twist and it breaks its weather seal. The magnetic catch on the door is just on the bottom, I feel as if it should be top and bottom to prevent the weight of the doors falling over and creating this same problem.

Within a few weeks their is a fog on the inside of the glass. Just something to be mindful of ..seems to make sense to have the last panel ordered with a pin to the track to avoid such a aituation

Thanks for the comments! I downloaded Nanawall details on Chief as well as David Michael Design's as well. They work well in plan and elevation views, but do not show up in the 3-D view for the door schedule? The door frames show up in the 3-D door schedule, but the actual Nanawall doors do not. I hope CA will eventually update this to include Nanawall or LaCantina doors in their door schedules

• 2 weeks later...