.PL1 files

Adam_Gibson

After searching old threads, it doesn't appear that anyone has a solution. But if any of you old timers found one, please let me know how you've been able to view these ancient Chief files.

Maybe someone has an old version that I can "borrow?" But damn, all my dongles are long gone. 

Adam, anyone who has X8 can open and save old .pl1 files to .plan files that can then be worked in X10. One usually also has to replace certain older, no longer supported symbols and materials (it is just part of updating old legacy files). For one to help you, they would also need to know what current version of Chief Premier you are using so the appropriate version can be saved to. Email me the file, tell me what version of Chief Premier you want it saved to and I can then return the updated file to you for editing. This is a common, fundamental part of my business. I charge $75.00 per hour for my help, such a file upgrade should take about 30 minutes to do ($37.50). Let me know if you would like me to assist.

DJP

I have lots of .pl1 files and have kept X8 installed to bring these forward (all of my .pl1 files are 9.54 versions, so X8 works). I use these a lot and I am disappointed that Chief doesn't have a built in legacy converter to bring these forward.  However, I've seen Chief chime in on this topic and encourage people to contact support for help.  Perhaps they have a solution, convert for you, or provide a download of a previous viewer that will do the trick.  Might be worth contacting them.  Otherwise, you will need to email someone like David to bring the files forward for you.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Adam_Gibson said:

After searching old threads, it doesn't appear that anyone has a solution. But if any of you old timers found one, please let me know how you've been able to view these ancient Chief files.

Maybe someone has an old version that I can "borrow?" But damn, all my dongles are long gone. 

You can use the Free Version 8 Viewer to "convert" the Files I am surprised this didn't come up in a Search either here or on the KB....

Check the GREEN text box and the link in it ,  in this KB Article

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00279/opening-legacy-files.html

Not sure if SSA is needed though ?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

You can use the Free Version 8 Viewer to "convert" the Files I am surprised this didn't come up in a Search either here or on the KB....

Check the GREEN text box and the link in it ,  in this KB Article

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00279/opening-legacy-files.html

Not sure if SSA is needed though ?

Thanks, Mick!