Please post the missing OOB template files — SOLVED

ga7pilot

Hey, would someone mind posting the following templates, which apparently came bundled in some prior version of Chief:

American Casual

Arts & Crafts

CAD Block

Colonial

Commercial

Cottage

Mediterranean Influence

NKBA Standards

Today's Traditional

Urban Chic

They are mention in training videos but missing in x10 which is the version I started with. It would be handy to have them.

SOLVED (click for the files)

Edited by ga7pilot
SOLVED

***Updated*** These files are not included in X10 but are in this POST

These are the Style Templates and used By the Home Designer Products mainly as a starting Point.....

They are in the Chief Data Folder >Templates>CA Templates ........................................ however I am on Windows......

>Documents\Chief Architect Premier X10 Data\Templates\CA Templates

The Commercial, Residential and NKBA are the Standard Default Templates in

>Documents\Chief Architect Premier X10 Data\Templates

The Default Templates ( not Style templates) usually are also backed up at :

Your Installation Folder\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X10 (64 bit)\Templates

M.

Ya, mine came with just the Commercial, Residential and Kitchen templates that you mentioned. I added an Addition template. I plan to always just stick with those as starting points. Probably all I need for the foreseeable future.

I was planning to keep a separate folder for any style templates that I may accumulate over time. I don't have many of my own styles yet (mainly because the library seems a bit overwhelming right now), so, it would be nice to have the OOB templates to throw in there. Rather than use them as a starting point, I was thinking I could just use them as a way to quickly switch styles around in the early presentation stage (shortly after I get a rough floor plan and roof). Not sure how others do it, but I figure I could quickly import various defaults from a few different templates to try on for style, like for cabinets, materials, etc. To more quickly get a direction before wasting too much time fumbling around in the library to refine it.

By the way, I also have a TemplateTextures folder in that templates folder. I guess I am supposed to move those to the library.

4 minutes ago, ga7pilot said:

That's a good point.

So, if someone could maybe post just these:

American Casual

Arts & Crafts

Colonial

Cottage

Mediterranean Influence

Today's Traditional

Urban Chic

I would appreciate it.

Oh I thought you said you have them in               Chief Architect Premier X10 Data\Templates\CA Templates ?

did you look in        Chief Architect Premier X10 Data\Textures   by accident?  and no don't open the Textures.zip file....

10 minutes ago, ga7pilot said:

I typed the file names into my search bar and don't find them anywhere on my computer. I don't think x10 include them.

Every Version I have has them ...unless they were migrated forward as I upgraded?

image.thumb.png.60b577f4037c318fa85e24101789f229.png

***It's possible CA Templates is a Folder I made myself ??? and moved the Style templates too it , so the main Folder wasn't as cluttered but in X9 they are also backed up in the C:\Programs\xxx\xxx\xxx      Folder

image.thumb.png.2ec3827fa66f2cdea602106a0ce12572.png

I just now checked with tech support and they said they stopped including those older templates. They recommended using the various samples for templates which is a good idea.

Well, anyway, it would still be nice to get the old ones if anyone ever wants to post them for the Mac version. Future users might find them useful as well. Not too big a deal either way.

5 minutes ago, ga7pilot said:

I just now checked with tech support and they said they stopped including those older templates. They recommended using the various samples for templates which is a good idea.

Well, anyway, it would still be nice to get the old ones if anyone ever wants to post them for the Mac version. Future users might find them useful as well. Not too big a deal either way.

Ahhhh...I guess I did Migrate that Folder Forward then.....  I don't think there are MAC specific versions perse but I am also not sure if I can post them Publicly or not? Did TS say anything about that?