FREE TRACK LIGHT ASSEMBLY

Renerabbitt

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, kauai7 said:

Wow.. sorry to hear about your dad.  Maybe see you next time on Kauai.

he passed 33 years ago, no worries, brings me joy to think about Kauai- I think next year I'll be going back, one of my favorite places in the world

On 1/11/2019 at 3:21 AM, Renerabbitt said:

Why can't we get a decent track light system!!!...It's okay I made one  =:)

This library item is an architectural block. Within it is a stretchable track and 5 heads, each rotated a bit different than the other. Enjoy!

1340989514_TRACKLIGHT.thumb.jpg.c8dab111c9a8d0747c6cdbdd36ec5d12.jpg

download here:

RABBITTS TRACK LIGHT ASSEMBLY.calibz

Hey Rene, thanks for sharing this light.

I'm assuming that if a person imports a sketchup model of a light fixture, you'd need to add all the lighting data, correct?

At any rate, you're probably aware of this, but check out Pure Edge Lighting on 3D Warehouse. Lots of choices as a starting point. 

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/by/pureedgelighting?nav=models

9 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Hey Rene, thanks for sharing this light.

I'm assuming that if a person imports a sketchup model of a light fixture, you'd need to add all the lighting data, correct?

At any rate, you're probably aware of this, but check out Pure Edge Lighting on 3D Warehouse. Lots of choices as a starting point. 

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/by/pureedgelighting?nav=models

I typically try and build my own 3d models if they seem simple enough so that I own the creation completely, though in a pinch 3d warehouse can be a very quick way of getting an item. I will say I find a ton of items at 3dwarehouse that have artifacts or explode in a difficult fashion or the material IDs are missing or wrong...pain in the butt.

Any particular light you were looking for?

BTW this track light is in a large group of  lighting symbols upload for my symbols and content page. You can find it in my signature

3 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Any particular light you were looking for?

I haven't decided yet, modern though. I've got a really modern home I'm completing and I'll probably try to grab one from the warehouse, edit it if needed, assign materials and lighting and then save it as a symbol and an arch block.

Quick question on your PBR video: you had edges on your countertops; you did that manually correct? I'm still assuming we can't automatically add a countertop edge molding.

44 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I haven't decided yet, modern though. I've got a really modern home I'm completing and I'll probably try to grab one from the warehouse, edit it if needed, assign materials and lighting and then save it as a symbol and an arch block.

Quick question on your PBR video: you had edges on your countertops; you did that manually correct? I'm still assuming we can't automatically add a countertop edge molding.

base cabinets have a molding dbx...you can set it up in your cabinet defaults

• Upvote 1

Geez, of course. I opened up an older file and I have it set in those cabinet defaults. Not quite sure why I've removed it? I've got a few different cabinet style default sets saved and somehow my go-to set has evolved without a countertop edge. After a few years of that, I'd forgotten and thought that an edge would follow the cabinet box, and not the countertop.

This is why it's good to talk about things.