Screen capture software

madcowscarnival

I have a MAC...so, it comes with "QuickTime" which I use for screen capture...and "iMovie" that I use to put together the final "edited" movie files.  It works...but it's not the most professional software.  If I can bring myself to spend the money I'd buy "CAMTASIA 2018".  It looks like a great piece of software...but, it cost about 260.00...and for 299.00 I can buy Apples pro movie editing software called "Final Cut Pro X".  I'm still investigating...and trying to learn about all the available products.

The one reason I like "CAMTASIA" is that you do the screen recording and the editing in the same piece of software.  Seems like the way to go...

23 hours ago, SNestor said:

I have a MAC...so, it comes with "QuickTime" which I use for screen capture...and "iMovie" that I use to put together the final "edited" movie files.  It works...but it's not the most professional software.  If I can bring myself to spend the money I'd buy "CAMTASIA 2018".  It looks like a great piece of software...but, it cost about 260.00...and for 299.00 I can buy Apples pro movie editing software called "Final Cut Pro X".  I'm still investigating...and trying to learn about all the available products.

The one reason I like "CAMTASIA" is that you do the screen recording and the editing in the same piece of software.  Seems like the way to go...

Screenflow is the best on a mac, imo.  Same ability to edit in the same app.  Can record from iPhone screen as well.

1 minute ago, para-CAD said:

Screenflow is the best on a mac, imo.  Same ability to edit in the same app.  Can record from iPhone screen as well.

Why do you prefer “Screenflow” versus Camtasia.  There is a big price difference.  Are there other benefits?  I’m trying to decide...I’m considering both.  Thanks. 

On 1/11/2019 at 6:34 PM, SNestor said:

Why do you prefer “Screenflow” versus Camtasia.  There is a big price difference.  Are there other benefits?  I’m trying to decide...I’m considering both.  Thanks. 

I started using ScreenFlow way back in v4 time frame.  It's just really easy to do everything I need.  I haven't tried Camtasia. 

With Screenflow I get maybe 70% of what I have with Adobe Premiere (I am NO power Premiere user) with a very easy learning curve. 

YouTube has all kinds of good videos.  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=screenflow+