DOOR WHERE TWO DIFFERENT WALLS MEET

tracer

Just a little confused by your posting.  Where is the pony wall?  I can't see it in the 3d rendering.  Where exactly do you want the door?  It looks like there are doors in every place that you could put a door?

Try posting the plan file as well.  That way someone trying to help you can look at the model.

The plan file that you sent doesn't seem to match the image in your question.  Are you trying to move the door that is circled in red?   There is a wall on the other side of the wall that the door is mounted in, and moving it further to the right would interfere with that wall and the bath tub, or am I missing something here?   

My phone number is in my signature, maybe give me a call and we can chat about this problem?

Pony wall door question.jpg

21 minutes ago, tracer said:

Yes Doug the door you have circled is the one I want to move. That is where the pony wall and regular wall type meet and won't let me span the two. Any work around for that??

could try a point-to-point move or hold ctrl while dragging any object supersedes snaps in most cases

8 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

You can't put a door there, there is a wall in the way. Calling it a pony wall with the bottom half invisible doesn't not make it a wall. You probably need to delete that wall and draw the clearstorey wall on the upper/attic level.

ahh, I misunderstood the problem.

@tracer Just opened your plan file, quite a few problems here, trying to figure out what's going on...give a second :)

35 minutes ago, tracer said:

No, Rene it is a 4 way hip roof @ 1/4"/12" pitch.

A few problems in this file still to work out.

Something to note for split level or multiple ceiling heights, make sure to get all of your construction assembly defaults set. Your roof planes were at a lower elevation than the room ceiling heights.

Also instead of setting up pony wall assemblies, try and set your exterior wall at the room with the heigher ceiling height and in the wall DBX go to the roof tab and check "lower wall type if split by butting roof" and assign your interior wall to the drop down menu.

Still some things to fix in this plan but maybe a good start?

I deleted your sloped roof, I assumed a parapet, for the purpose of con docs you could leave it and specify the method for sloping(sister/wedge/shaving)

Keep in mind the roof assembly was using 2x4's and your ceiling assembly is using 2x6 and the 2 are still at opposing elevations.

STUDER.plan

tracer 1.jpg

tracer 2.jpg