Edit Railing Lines in Plan View

Chrisb222

Hi,

I want to edit the railing lines seen in plan view. So far I haven't been able to figure out how.

I can edit wall lines and achieve any look I want. Railings however do not respond to my commands.

Attached is a pic of a test plan, and the test plan.

In the test plan, I have edited both the exterior wall and the railing wall to have a transparent fill, and to display only an outer line, 80 width, green color.

The plan view of the railing does not comply.

Any thoughts? 

Thanks

railing_lines.png

railing_lines.plan

Railings and invisible walls don't display using the wall line and fill style definitions (presumably because they aren't using those layers anymore).  To get a single line around decks, I just change the wall width to .01"  You may need to manually set one or more of your rail widths instead of using Full Wall Width if you go this route.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Railings and invisible walls don't display using the wall line and fill style definitions (presumably because they aren't using those layers anymore.  To get a single line around decks, I just change the wall width to .01"  You may not to manually set one or more of your rails instead of using Full Wall Width if you go this route.

Thanks for the reply.

It seems odd that railings give access to wall layer settings but don't use them. It would be nice to have the same control over the plan display of railings that we have with walls.

Oh well. I'll look into your workaround. Thanks again.