Glass PBR Material

Chiefer

Quick PBR glass material for curved surfaces, no other material is needed. Place dark gray color in your normal map slot and you're done:

Specs:

Roughness: 0

Transparency: 24 to 51+ (51+ if you want lights to pass-thought)

GLASS-PBR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Quick PBR glass material for curved surfaces, no other material is needed. Place dark gray color in your normal map slot and you're done:

Specs:

GLASS-PBR.jpg

Thanks for the Tip Jintu , that looks very nice.....

Would you mind exporting the Material from your Library and sharing the calibz file please , so far my attempts to duplicate it have not worked , and I am not sure what Glass you started with? and don't have that basalt.jpg file you used for the grey either.....

thx.

Depending on the object and angle, adding Specular reflection aides in giving it sparkle.

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Specs:

GLASS-PBR.jpg

5 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Thanks for the Tip Jintu , that looks very nice.....

Would you mind exporting the Material from your Library and sharing the calibz file please , so far my attempts to duplicate it have not worked , and I am not sure what Glass you started with? and don't have that basalt.jpg file you used for the grey either.....

thx.

We can use any material from the library, the kicker here is the normal map, fill it with the same material.

No need for specular. Make roughness zero and transparency is up to your judgment

GLASS-PBR 2.jpg

GLASS-PBR 3.jpg

17 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Place dark gray color in your normal map slot and you're done

It appears I just didn't have a nice dark gray texture to use in the Normal slot ...I do have that Swirl-Grey in your pic above and it works :)

Your Material Works fine too , so thanks.

M.

20 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

It appears I just didn't have a nice dark gray texture to use in the Normal slot ...I do have that Swirl-Grey in your pic above and it works :)

Your Material Works fine too , so thanks.

M.

You're welcome!