designing R panel metal roofing

wolfrem68

1 hour ago, wolfrem68 said:

I have X10 Premium and need to place 36" R metal panels on pole barn drawings. Does anyone have instructions to do this? I appreciate the help in advance. 

Add them to the Roof Surface or if the Wall , then add them to a new Wall type as the outer Layer....

their is a selection in the Sheetmetal library....

M

6 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

When you installed the program did it ask you to download Core Catalogs ?   If you did not go to Library > Install Core Content.

Chopsaw has the Wording correct.....

and you should see this.... assuming Chief Architect Premier X10

image.thumb.png.5bc224060f173b6eef0e731b6a1b7bd9.png

With barns there will always be Manual Framing to do too, so while you wait you can do some reading on the KB , there are couple of tuts. on it about Barn structures :

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01069/designing-a-traditional-pole-barn-structure.html

and

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00598/creating-a-post-and-beam-structure.html

This Test plan of mine may help you get some ideas too...

Metal Barn_X10_MHD.plan

M.

Kbird1,

Thanks for the pics of your pole barn. I had already downloaded the file on Traditional Pole Barn Structure and have followed the instructions. When I attempt to set the trusses in place they show up on the second girt and they look wrong, nothing like the trusses in you pics. 

10 minutes ago, wolfrem68 said:

Kbird1,

Thanks for the pics of your pole barn. I had already downloaded the file on Traditional Pole Barn Structure and have followed the instructions. When I attempt to set the trusses in place they show up on the second girt and they look wrong, nothing like the trusses in you pics. 

In my Plan or in the 2nd KB Tut?

Trusses ALWAYS build between the Roof and Ceiling plane so my guess would be that your Ceiling plan is at the default 8' or 9' Ceiling height for the Floor but you have raised the Roof ? just a guess cos you didn't provided the Plan or even a pic or two...

edit: that KB tut is over a year old ( oct 2017) , so some of the settings maybe slightly different in X10 than in X9 , something I have come across before , eg in the Elevated Structures Tutorial which hasn't been update since 2015.

When you reset the Roof planes, you then need to select ALL the trusses , Open the DBX and check the force truss Rebuild box too.

Is auto rebuild Roof still on? as those roof planes are not over your new Walls...., and i see trusses at correct height for those roof planes

FYI.....you can't attach the .Plan file while the plan is open in Chief Architect.