Curved AND sloped wainscotting?

Richard_Morrison

23 minutes ago, Richard_Morrison said:

I am hoping to see if there is any simple way that I have overlooked of doing paneled wainscotting that follows a stair with one wall curved. Essentially like the attached, although I'm dealing with an outside curve.

waincotting.jpg

Stairs R1 _ 2.pdf

I wouldn't call it simple, but simplest I think would be material regions

Hire Michael to do it for you : )  Although, it would take me a fair amount of time too.  A few additional methods I might throw out there for you to consider though...

• Using zero depth wall niches with casing assigned (shape tab and Radial setting to get the slope and bend)
  • Drawing moldings on a flat surface and then bending afterward using various advanced symbol manipulation tricks or another program
  • Using 3D molding polylines (yeah, don't use this method)

5 minutes ago, solver said:

I did this as an experiment a few years ago. It's windows as I don't think there was a niche tool then.

ct1.thumb.jpg.a68e4298246221c2c6c3d28b05666a0c.jpg

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Hire Michael to do it for you : )  Although, it would take me a fair amount of time too.  A few methods I might throw out there for you to consider though...

• Using wall niches with casing assigned (shape tab and Radial setting to get the slope and bend)
  • Drawing moldings on a flat surface and then bending afterward using various advanced symbol manipulation tricks or another program
  • Using 3D molding polylines (yeah, don't use this method)

Just an FYI, though I like the niche method, it has all sorts of probs in PBR if I remember correctly, strange patterns show up or material properties all messed up