Outside Corner - Pony Wall Alignment

ChiefChris1

The attached image shows the front wall as a pony wall aligned on the inner surface.
I am using Chief's standard wall types.  (2x4 with vinyl upper and brick lower).

The side wall is brick and it is not generating the outside corner properly.  I can see the wall sheathing on the upper and the brick doesn't make a corner. 
It does it properly when the side wall is siding.

Any thoughts on why it's not connecting the outside corner right?

image.thumb.png.ebba5abfd6f5c69d6ded2a9266848be3.png

15 minutes ago, solver said:

Not sure how the siding/brick should join, but like Michael said, the Edit Wall Layer Intersection tool might work.

For the brick, make the side wall a Pony Wall, brick over brick with the lower part matching the height of the front wall.

ct1.thumb.jpg.3680055368db1336516f5cfac9dd194d.jpg

It can totally be done with a normal wall too...

Normal wall.jpg

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, solver said:

Another way ...

ct1.thumb.jpg.7c497bd4b48e0cad0ba3a0c2baf220e7.jpg

Good thought, but I would take a closer look at that one.  I think you'll find that you still need to use the Edit Wall Layer Intersection tool.   I typically work in vector view specifically so that I see whats really going on and catch those issues right away.  

4 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

It can totally be done with a normal wall too...

Normal wall.jpg

On a construction and design note I would consider returning the brick upper around the corner a bit or adding a some sort of a heavy corner board detail.

In my experience the exposed joint from lap siding to brick at that location can be a water infiltration issue- and if it gets behind there and freezes -POP goes the masonry.

Just a thought ;)

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, RL-inc said:

On a construction and design note I would consider returning the brick upper around the corner a bit or adding a some sort of a heavy corner board detail.

In my experience the exposed joint from lap siding to brick at that location can be a water infiltration issue- and if it gets behind there and freezes -POP goes the masonry.

Just a thought ;)

Rob.  It's for an As-Built...so, I model it the way it IS, not the way it should be.  ;)