Help with 3D view.

Skippy

Hi, i hope some one can help me with the 3D view. I designed a place, but when i go to 3D view it shows everything weird. the walls have all patches of color and the roof looks like there is wood stuck in it. Hard to explain. Please see photo. I use Home designer software Architectual 2014

1323658497_Homedesign.thumb.jpg.1c09109e4678838b628c033020892b0f.jpg

• Downvote 1

Seeking services is the section where people are looking to hire others.  These requests go in tips and techniques or general Q&A section.  The sheeting showing through roof simple quick solution can be fixed by changing your camera preferences scene clipping increase value from 24"

I run into the issue often with larger terrain pads even though the home is at the origin point.  There are a couple solutions I know of but quickest seems to be to change clipping value when getting ready to render or export.  If you know its not an origin issue how do others deal with it?

1 hour ago, HighPointHomes said:

I run into the issue often with larger terrain pads even though the home is at the origin point.  There are a couple solutions I know of but quickest seems to be to change clipping value when getting ready to render or export.  If you know its not an origin issue how do others deal with it?

I think you about covered it.  Origin first and then clipping.  If those aren't options for some reason or don't fix the problem then the worst case is to increase material thickness or paint underlying material...very last resort though.

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I think you about covered it.  Origin first and then clipping.  If those aren't options for some reason or don't fix the problem then the worst case is to increase material thickness or paint underlying material...very last resort though.

Those are the 3 fixes for z-fighting that I know too , setting clipping to 300' can help , but these days I have my Roofing material set at 1/4" or thicker by default too.

there is a KB article which more or less says whats already written here too:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00107/troubleshooting-why-materials-appear-to-flicker-when-a-camera-view-is-rotated.html