exterior pony wall covering

winterdd

so, i realized when i went to "build framing", my exterior walls would not frame. i had to change from ICF-stucco (cinder block) and stone to stucco-4 for the upper and frame 3 1/2 for the pony wall. now i can't find an option for the stone i want the pony wall to be. any suggestions on how to complete this?

second pic shows what material i want the lower wall to be but like i said, it was using the icf material which wont frame.

Capture.PNG

3.PNG

Have you worked through the Tutorial Guide ?  or Opened the Wall Definition Tool and hit F1 (help File-context sensitive to DBX open)

You will need to make or Alter an existing wall to make your 4" Stacked Stone Wall type..... DON'T change or Alter a Chief Default Wall , always make a Copy 1st , Rename it and then modify it as needed adding the need layers and materials, eg start with Siding 4 and make a Stone 4 Wall type.

image.thumb.png.851ee5a30f1c4b9bc002d8ff135861e6.png

The KnowledgeBase is always a good place to check for Tutorials ( and PDFs) especially for the "basics" , this one will step you through it.......

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02944/defining-a-new-wall-type.html

M.

56 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Have you worked through the Tutorial Guide ?  or Opened the Wall Definition Tool and hit F1 (help File-context sensitive to DBX open)

You will need to make or Alter an existing wall to make your 4" Stacked Stone Wall type..... DON'T change or Alter a Chief Default Wall , always make a Copy 1st , Rename it and then modify it as needed adding the need layers and materials, eg start with Siding 4 and make a Stone 4 Wall type.

image.thumb.png.851ee5a30f1c4b9bc002d8ff135861e6.png

The KnowledgeBase is always a good place to check for Tutorials ( and PDFs) especially for the "basics" , this one will step you through it.......

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-02944/defining-a-new-wall-type.html

M.

And thanks kbird. You were a huge help.

10 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

yes i have watched many tutorials on youtube. but nothing that would show this. i started watching the online vids about a year before i even was able to purchase this.

If you prefer Videos there is this one below......but I think you may have missed or glossed over some of the CA "basics" along the way...... eg CA only provides about 15 Wall Types ( plus a bonus Library) so you really need to make your own in a lot of cases to suit local practices..... a 3 1/2" framed Wall is just that .....ie only framing....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/5454/creating-a-new-wall-type-with-a-new-material.html