Rotate the drawing enviornment?

ACADuser

I have a building that the Contractor wants on smaller layout sheets. This causes me to have to rotate & scale down the plan views and to rotate & scale up the text.

I do not want to "Rotate the Plan" in the plan file but I do want to rotate the view in layout and the text. In AutoCAD you can temporarily rotate the drawing environment (plan file) so you can work with the new orientation. All CAD & text are drawn in the new orientation & remain that way when you rotate the view back to Normal.

Can that be done in Chief?

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

I have a building that the Contractor wants on smaller layout sheets. This causes me to have to rotate & scale down the plan views and to rotate & scale up the text.

I do not want to "Rotate the Plan" in the plan file but I do want to rotate the view in layout and the text. In AutoCAD you can temporarily rotate the drawing environment (plan file) so you can work with the new orientation. All CAD & text are drawn in the new orientation & remain that way when you rotate the view back to Normal.

Can that be done in Chief?

Yes.  Rotate Plan View along with a few additional annotation object defaults. 

Using rotate plan view to work in say -90 I expect Chief to operate as if that is the new plan view for that edit session.
But Nudge, Move etc. make it difficult to actually work in that view.
I expected the coordinate system to follow that view.
I do not want to Rotate the plan permanently but do want to work in that view not just look around.

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

Using rotate plan view to work in say -90 I expect Chief to operate as if that is the new plan view for that edit session.
But Nudge, Move etc. make it difficult to actually work in that view.
I expected the coordinate system to follow that view.
I do not want to Rotate the plan permanently but do want to work in that view not just look around.

Check this thread Alan , Rotate is a PITA to Work in.....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/20736-odd-angle-drawingmodeling/?do=findComment&comment=168728