Single cabinet Shop drawing

BRETTGON

I was wondering if anyone knew what the best way to make a single cabinet shop drawing for a custom cabinet to send to manufacturer.  I need to make a drawing somewhat similar to this attachment. I can get the drawing of the cabinet using cross section or elevation, just cant dimension the framing of the cabinet box. I guess what I really need to know is how to snap my dimension lines to the cabinet frame.   Thanks in advance

Cabinet Shop Drawing.pdf

Please include a signature (folks have posted how in lots of threads) with version you are using and hardware info. And it is far better to post image files than PDFs please.

To get dimensions to framing you need a CAD detail -

IF using premier generate in Chief with "detail from view";

IF a lesser version you will need to export a view as dwg and then import it into a cad detail.

NOTE withe either it will no longer be "live" changes to the model will not show up in the detail so this is typically done at the very end of a project unless you need custom pricing.

Prior to generating the CAD you will want the view to only include cabinets and NOT include doors or drawers. IF you have several cabinets side by side that you need to detail then need to choose.

Either

• once the detail is generated move them to create separation between (keep in ind that now they are a bunch of lines and not a single object so a real PIA) not my first choice
  • Have cabinets on different layers so you can turn some off to create gaps between them. On a good day the cabinets that need detail are already separated by ones that don't so only one extra layer works-otherwise multiples. Advantage is this will always match the live model and can be blocked and pasted back into the plan using hold position to see if it needs to be redone OR to include those dimensions in a live drawing
  • final choice is to copy the cabinets to another room, plan or wall- this is perhaps the easiest way BUT they will no longer allow you to check against the model.

Cabinet detail.jpg

Mark

Is there a setting that I need to have on in order to view "CAD detail from View"?  I was able to select it on a plan that you had on another topic. So, I know it works, it just must be one of my own settings not allowing me to choose it. 

Thanks Again

IMG_2310.jpg

59 minutes ago, BRETTGON said:

Is there a setting that I need to have on in order to view "CAD detail from View"? 

Have no idea why it would be greyed out if you are using Premier-I can get it in any type of view.

if you have the Interiors version it is not available

43 minutes ago, BRETTGON said:

That's weird. I do have Premier. Well Thanks for the advise, I'll will play around with it.

X10-Premier

15” Dell Mobile Precision 7510 XCTO , i7-6820HQ, Nvidia Quadro M2000M, Win 10 Pro 64, 500GB HD

post the plan or a stripped down one that shows the issue. be sure to close the plan before uploading it. Hurry and I'll look before siesta.

3 hours ago, BRETTGON said:

Is there a setting that I need to have on in order to view "CAD detail from View"?  I was able to select it on a plan that you had on another topic. So, I know it works, it just must be one of my own settings not allowing me to choose it. 

I'd bet you're not using a Vector View.  You can only only create a CAD Detail From View from a Vector View.