cabinet valance

crosscutter55

I have drawn a cabinet layout ,with a cabinet to the left  & right of a window . I would like to add a valance between these 2 cabinets with same moldings on the 2 cabinets  across the valance . I can get the valance in place but can not get the existing moldings to go across the new valance . any suggestions how to achieve this 

I use molding polylines instead of having them as part of the cabinet for this and a few other reasons.

To get the valance to accept cabinet defined molding you need a cabinet.

Place valance in a blank plan, convert to symbol, cabinet door. Then use that on a cabinet defined as in the attached.

valance.png

Just noticed you are on X9- sorry but the plan is in X10. Cabinet _box construction framed, separation 0"

Front of cabinet is side panel inset and uses the valance. Sides and back are defined as openings.

Valance Plan.plan

26 minutes ago, crosscutter55 said:

I am using x 10 , I have to upgrade that on my profile . This is an existing layout that i have done , anyway of adjusting the mouldings to accept the new valance ?? 

Already described above.

If molding doesn't match change it in the cabinet DBX or place a new cabinet and configure it to match the one posted.

I agree with what Mark said originally, use the molding polyline tool and delete the moldings on the individual cabinets.  You can use that tool to run the molding however you like, in your case across both cabinets and the valance in one run.  It should be an easy operation unless maybe you have not used that tool before.