Inside Out Walls

RichDesignGroup

Hi All, 

This is a project I inherited from another drafter. I posted earlier today to try to see why the walls look so funky. 

Upon further inspection, it appears that these custom walls made by the previous drafter have the layers inside out. 

If you zoom inside the walls in 3D you will see the siding texture is on the inside of the wall. 

How did this happen and how can it be reversed?

Thanks

AB

Sprehn V7.zip

Try the Reverse Layers tool  1892449073_ReverseLayerstool.JPG.cacb206e47a7bdfe2c951fc69de3d409.JPG with the wall selected.   That should do the trick.   You definitely have some strange wall definitions but it looks like you are working on correcting them. 

If you still have specific issues post a backup plan file that has the custom textures included.

Hi Chopsaw, 

I tried that, but that just switches the wall around so the interior layer faces the exterior side, it dosent flip the wall layers inside out like I need. It is really wierd I have never seen this before. 

Can you open the Zipped plan file I attached? The same issue should be on almost all the walls in that project too

Thanks

40 minutes ago, RichDesignGroup said:

Can you open the Zipped plan file I attached? The same issue should be on almost all the walls in that project too

Yes I was able to open the file you posted but most of the walls had no framing or fill patterns and just colors except the one on the second story with the green fill that I assumed you had edited from what it was.  Or possibly you don't have the textures either since it is not your plan file and you are having the same issues I am with the plain walls.

Are you getting any warnings when you open a standard render 3D view ?

Maybe replace a wall with a default chief wall of the same thickness as see if the problem persists. 

I reversed the upstairs wall at the back of the house and replaced the siding with a stock chief siding and it appears to be working.

Possibly the easiest thing to do is to re define the wall definitions so that they have the correct material on the correct wall layer.

Changing the wall definition will change every wall of that type in the plan.

This, of course, assumes that there is some consistency between the wall types and where the various wall types have been used - I didn't check in that much detail. 

• Upvote 1