Layout Lines

QualicoreHomes

Hello Everyone, 

I seem to have some trouble getting the lines on my layout thinner.  I'm using the Live View option from the Camera View Options and have set all the lines in the layer set(s) to .5 but they do not seem to change on the layout page.  I can get it to work if I switch to the Plot Lines option on the Camera View Option but this is not available for the regular floor plan layout and I prefer the Live View Option for the section and elevation views also.  I'm I missing a setting somewhere that this is happening? 

Another interesting observation I had was that I had drawn a CAD Detail From View drawing of a detail from the Section View and the CAD lines that I had drawn in that view would not change their weight on the layout even tho that particular layer had been set to .5 in that view set so I manually changed the weight of each line in that CAD detail drawing which seems a bit backwards to me. 

Hope I am describing it somewhat clearly but the bottom line is I want very thin lines on my printed paper (preferably in the Live View Option) and its not doing that.  I have attached a sample plan to see if my settings are off.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Layout Plan.plan

Layout Plan.layout

A few quick notes:

1. Your plan view is printing at zero line weights on my end just fine.  Not sure what you're doing differently.
  2. Using Live Views has no benefit in my personal opinion for vector view elevations and sections.  I'm a little curious why you think its better.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Live views essentially just result in images though. (i.e. you see exactly what your camera view is seeing) and then printed results are pixelated like with any other image.  Plot lines on the other hand result in very crisp and fully controllable lines. 
  3. Not sure what happened with your CAD Detail but its sounds to me like you had some settings wrong.  If I produce a CAD Detail From View using one of your 2 elevation cameras I get a print with super thin zero line weights.

How are you printing?  To paper or to PDF?  And if to PDF first, what PDF printer are you using?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply, I like the live view because its always updated and when I switch the view to the plot lines option, the part of the image changes and I have to reset what the image is capturing of the section or elevation view.  However that might not be a good enough reason to not make the switch to the plot line option, I guess I've used the live view option since the beginning because of lack of better knowledge.  That's why information from people like yourselves is so valuable!! Much appreciated!

1 hour ago, QualicoreHomes said:

I like the live view because its always updated

Can't speak to the rest of your response right now, but one quick note about this one.  It's a very quick and easy process to update one or all views when using plot lines.  I think the perceived inconvenience of the extra (click(s) and the short downtime while the views update, is far outweighed by the benefits.

• Upvote 1