Licensed architect for light commerical addition in Anchorage, AK

Alaskan_Son

I'm looking for an architect licensed and willing to do work for a potential upcoming project in Anchorage, AK.  This particular project is a pretty basic addition.  We're adding a garage between the 2 structures in this picture...

CHI.thumb.JPG.76dfc2d591ac5cc8631f561e3e891020.JPG

There was a very rickety garage there already but it was questionable at best.  That gap between the 2 buildings is a utility easement and recently the Municipality had to make some utility upgrades so the old garage had to be torn down.  There's now a load bearing utilidor underground so we should be good to go for building a new structure.  The commercial requirements and considerations are just a little outside my wheelhouse so I'm thinking I'm going to need to hire a suitable professional to help us out with this one. 

Anyway, it would be sweet if there was an architect here in Alaska using Chief that could help us with it.  Let me know if you're out there.  Thanks : )

Michael, my niece is licensed  in Alaska  but lives in California right now., they still have their place in Alaska.. I could give you her phone number if interested. BTW she isn't cheap. She uses AutoCAD and Revit.

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

lives in California

isn't cheap

uses AutoCAD and Revit

The trifecta!!!

Hmmmm...not much of a salesman there Perry

Seriously though, I'll keep her in mind if I can't find someone else.  Thanks : )

By the way, we may not necessarily even need an architect.  It may just be that we could use an engineer willing to do a little hand holding.  I don't feel like this is something I couldn't properly design and draw up from a practical standpoint, I'm just not very familiar with the various commercial code requirements that might come into play, and the fact that we're building over an easement/utilidor is uncharted territory for us. 

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

The trifecta!!!

Hmmmm...not much of a salesman there Perry

Seriously though, I'll keep her in mind if I can't find someone else.  Thanks : )

I THOUGHT I'D GIVE YOU A HEADS UP. Any time you need an architect or engineer it costs you. She is good though.

1 minute ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I THOUGHT I'D GIVE YOU A HEADS UP. Any time you need an architect or engineer it costs you. She is good though.

Ya, I totally get it.  I don't mind paying for quality in the slightest.  The expenses associated with hiring a qualified and competent architect or engineer are totally expected.  I would just prefer to find  somebody local.  If they use Chief that's definitely a bonus.  With regard to price though, I'm not looking for the cheapest but I also don't want to someone that's overpriced either.  I just want someone that comes well referred and that will treat me fairly. 

8 hours ago, Rich_Winsor said:

Sorry, I can't help you out bro, but what the hell

kind of license plates are on that Ram?  :huh: 

Klingon?  Just kidding.  I blurred that out before I posted the pic.  Have no idea whose truck that is.  I just don't like including any personal info. when posting online.