Architect / Drafst person

HI all. I am a GC in Los Angeles and looking for an architect/drafts person who knows LA Codes. I do a lot of work that requires plans and permits, and am looking for someone to assist with the plans for submittal on jobs. 

eg: I have a 400 sq foot addition in Sierra Madre that I need to draw up and design, as well as plans for a possible structural wall to be removed. 

Looking for someone to assist with pricing and timelines. 

Please PM me for more details

Bret

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, vedika31 said:

I would like to ask question here.

Is Architect or Drafst person career good ?

Given a choice, I would prefer to be an Architect. This requires a college degree in Architecture and a journeymanship at an Architectural firm but the fees Architects can charge can, in competent hands be a nice living.

I am a draftsperson, self-taught with a background in construction. I teach tutor, draft, and design. I love this kind of creative work but being merely self-employed I have not become rich or affluent thereby.

My advice to anyone is to follow an endeavor that you love and thereafter it will not seem like a job but rather a life of fun and creativity.

DJP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 9:47 AM, DavidJPotter said:

"My advice to anyone is to follow an endeavor that you love and thereafter it will not seem like a job but rather a life of fun and creativity."

DJP

Told all my kids this as they entered adulthood...  It is GREAT ADVICE.  After all your going to be working for 50 plus years, do something you love.

• Like 1