Needing help to draw awnings like these...

SouthernCharm

10 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Those are merely shed roofs with corbel supports or post supports. Easily done manually.

DJP

Do you have a suggestion of a good video or other instruction some where for corbel or post supports? And would that be the same as knee braces? I haven't had to do that yet so I haven't even looked but I want to learn. I know that I can look it up but you may save me a little time if you can point me in the right direction from your experience.

Thank You!

For absolute realism I would model the whole awning in Sketchup and import as symbol.  These are typically made as an arrangement of light fabricated steel framing, heavy rods as corbels, small rectangular plate escutcheons where rods meet walls, and corrugated steel "turkey shed" roofing.  The roofing is applied directly to the steel framing.

For a reasonable approximation in Chief, model a roof with 7/8" roofing material thickness, make the material corrugated steel, do the structure as one layer of material, and no framing or soffit.

Model rod supports as 3/4 dia. psolids and rotate as required for placement.  Do 4x6x1/2 plates as psolids for the rod wall mounts.