Ghost steps in camera view

Chris54956

Help,

I have not drawn steps in the elevation view between the basement and the first floor, yet, the camera sees them in the basement (I have steps leading from the first floor to the second.) Therefore I can't place them in the elevation view in the basement.  Do I need to reset something?  I cancelled the camera view and upon re-opening it, the steps are still there. Thanks.

P.S.  Needless to say:  the "support" rep was less than helpful (apparently, they do not deal with "technical" issues, like mine.)  Then, what are they there for???

Edited by Chris54956
adding more text

46 minutes ago, Chris54956 said:

Needless to say:  the "support" rep was less than helpful (apparently, they do not deal with "technical" issues, like mine.)  Then, what are they there for???

Tech support IS there to deal with technical issues.  What they’re NOT there for is to provide training.  That’s what the Tutorial Guide, Reference Manual, Help files, tutorial videos, Knowledge Base, forum, and training department are there for.  I’m not at my computer to check by I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that you’re not having a technical issue with the software...you’re likely just not using it correctly (i.e. you’re not following the instructions).  

Use the stair tool correctly, in the correct view, on the correct floor, and apply the correct settings, and your stairs should work just fine.

Did you read through the Tutorial Guide or Reference Manual?  Or, at the very least, did you watch any of the appropriate videos or read any of the appropriate knowledge base articles?  If so, and if you followed the directions correctly, I’d be curious to know where you got the info. from to see what was wrong with it.  

• Upvote 1

Hi Chris,

Try fixing the ceiling height of your basement, for starts.  Right now you have 33.5" rough ceiling height.  You will have to change the height of all your doors and windows too, since  the short ceiling height  shortened them.  I attached where you change the height of the complete floor.. but you have to be in the basement for it to affect that floor.  Also, you need a floor under this room..  look at the "floor" setting on the same attachment

floor height.JPG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chris54956 said:

BTW, where do I place my signature?

See the 2nd post again or my Signature , which tells you how to do yours....

It sounds like you have inadvertently drawn stairs on the wrong level , and can now see them in an Elevation view...you can't draw stairs in elevation , except using CAD....

.M.

edit..... had a look at the plan, I see no stairs in the Basement but Michael is right you never set the Basement (foundation default height) so it is the default 37 1/2" high and will need rebuilding at 100 1/2" +/- to get a full 96" height basement.

I can also tell you are using X10, but the Text on many Room labels is truncated , a common issue, with plans started in older Versions and brought forward. ie an X9 Template Plan for eg. to fix it just open each label and close the DBX again without changing anything.

image.thumb.png.d44e655b2a01f685e1a16a30680b643c.png

On 12/19/2018 at 6:36 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Tech support IS there to deal with technical issues.  What they’re NOT there for is to provide training.  That’s what the Tutorial Guide, Reference Manual, Help files, tutorial videos, Knowledge Base, forum, and training department are there for.  I’m not at my computer to check by I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that you’re not having a technical issue with the software...you’re likely just not using it correctly (i.e. you’re not following the instructions).  

Use the stair tool correctly, in the correct view, on the correct floor, and apply the correct settings, and your stairs should work just fine.

Did you read through the Tutorial Guide or Reference Manual?  Or, at the very least, did you watch any of the appropriate videos or read any of the appropriate knowledge base articles?  If so, and if you followed the directions correctly, I’d be curious to know where you got the info. from to see what was wrong with it.  

Thanks a lot.   I have done all you had suggested.  It is small missteps that trip me.